Job description / Role
Our client is a retail group, looking for someone to lead the Internal Audit for the stock/warehouse/inventory.
• Develop relevant policies and procedures for different processes, keeping in mind the simplicity of implementation and automation of activities.
• Ensures compliance with established SOPs and procedures and maintains effective internal controls within the group. Design and drive effective internal control framework within the group.
• Drive Loss prevention activities across group by defining proactive measures to control the losses (cash and inventory), ensure enforcement of detective controls, investigate and monitor the incidents, etc.
• Analyses and evaluate organization-wide existing inventory management processes to recommend and implement improvements in order to enhance process effectiveness and efficiency
• Drive inventory management process improvement programmes across different lines of businesses
• Ensures accuracy and maintenance of data related to inventory and provides periodic reports to the senior management on inventory related matters whenever required
• Ensures smooth operations of stock transactions at warehouse, stores and processing units by implementing and executing stock control measures effectively in order to facilitate efficient functioning of day to day operations
• Develop and implement the inventory count programs to ensure accurate reconciliation of stock and record accuracy. Mange and guide stock count teams.
• Develops, enhances and implements stock allocation & replenishment measures and processes to ensure a smooth supply of stock across stores and warehouse
• Collaborate and ensure regular communication with different functions & senior management within the group to facilitate efficient control framework and inventory management operations as per the established guidelines and standards
• Hands on experience in data analytics, automation and system design review and enhancement
• Able to manage team to deliver the SOP compliance, implement controls and inventory management
• Keeps abreast of latest developments in inventory management methodology in order to align current processes and procedures
• Stakeholder management – dealing with senior stake holders across the group
• Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the performance management process
• Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals
• Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement
• Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred MBA or Chartered Accountants/ CPA
• Bachelor’s degree or certification in in Supply Chain Management, preferable
• Relevant certification in Risk management and Internal audit/Controls
• Certification in Data Analytics and Automation is an added advantage
• A minimum of10-12 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in retail industry and exposure to inventory management and loss prevention profile.
• Fluent in English skills (written and spoken)
• Attention to detail and quality
• Planning and Organizing
• Analytical skills
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Head of Internal Audit
|Abu Dhabi||7 Sep|
Group Internal Auditor - Hospitality & Real Estate Industry
A Leading Group In UAE
Black Pearl Consult
Senior Internal Auditor (SIA)
Senior Internal Auditor (SIA)