Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Internal Auditor to join our successful business.
To improve the business processes by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach for the effectiveness of corporate governance, mitigation of risks to an acceptably low level and monitoring compliance with applicable rules.
• Review and implementation of the group to have compliance in our local policies and procedures covering all business functions: Finance & Commercial, Procurement, Production, HR, IT, Operations, Logistics, Stores, Safety, Quality Assurance and F&B.
• Scheduling internal audits on key business risk areas in all departments to review the processes, identify the risks, provide the recommendations for improvement, reporting to management and follow up on agreed actions
• Managing the annual internal audits conducted by group and Air Arabia. Planning, interim, fieldwork and finalization of audits. (TORs, discussion on draft audit report, final report reviews and meetings with auditors, post audit reporting to group Internal Audit Heads)
• Working with group internal audit teams on the audit findings reported to local management and addressing the action plan to internal departments and monitoring the action items are implemented as per timelines agreed in audit report
• Planning and scheduling the external audit and agreed upon procedures conducted by KPMG & PwC team (review the requirements of interim and final fieldworks) and post audit reporting/follow-up with engagement manager for final internal controls and annual audited financial report
• Operational Audit: Review the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of risky business activities by conducting physical testing of assets, examination of records, verification of financial asset (e.g. cash or stock) and ensure previous audit actions are fully implemented
• Conducting unscheduled spot checks (day/night) to ensure high risk business activities are operating effectively, gathering evidence to support the observations and report the fact findings to the General Manager
• Weekly/monthly dashboard reporting to the General Manager for the key audit findings, risk exposure and status of agreed actions and findings resolved or in process
• Establishing the standard operating procedures (SOPs) in the whole unit with direct approval of General Manager and directly addressing to HODs
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or ACCA qualified.
• Should have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Sound independent judgement
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
INC System Integrations
A Leading Oil Trading and Shipping Company in the UAE
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors
|Dubai/Abu Dhabi||12 Dec|
Senior Accountant - Projects Accounting
Al Ghurair Properties