Job description / Role
Joining Nestle Internal Audit is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to the development of the world's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company and to work with great brands and like-minded colleagues enhancing people's lives, everywhere, every day.
Make the decision today, not just to measure performance, but also to enhance it. You will get to work and train in every area of our business, while travelling in the Middle East and Africa Region to carryout assignments. Combining analytical work with strategic insight. Understand the local culture as much as the global picture, the value of long-term sustainability over short-term profits. So that the decision you make not only gives lower operating costs, but also has less impact on the environment or improves the standard of living for coffee producers in Nicaragua.
A day in the life of:
- Auditing in Nestle Internal Audit is an operational and hands-on job. The underlying principle is actively involving staff at the audited unit.
- This means conducting interviews with all levels of staff to become familiar with the processes and systems, but also includes performing risk analysis and adequate audit tests supported by proper data mining methodologies.
- Identifying weaknesses are the result of your work. As a Nestle Auditor you have a fascinating opportunity to get to know all activities and functions within the Nestle Group - such as Marketing & Sales, Supply Chain, Production and Finance - and all this in the whole Middle East and Africa region.
- From day one, you will have the responsibility to analyze a specific function, to develop recommendations of improvement and to get the buy-in of the Auditors.
- Time constraints are tight, as you have between 2-4 weeks in a unit to complete the project.
- Team members will stay together during the 10-weeks assignment before they rotate.
- Working and living together for three months under demanding circumstances requires a high level of team spirit and tolerance, but forms a special bond between the Auditors.
- You will be dealing with professionals at all levels of the company; from operators in a factory to Business Executive Officers at the Head Office, and experience the fascination of interacting with people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
What Will Make You Successful?
This fascinating and challenging path demands a clear aspiration and mindset for an international career. To excel in this environment you need to enjoy challenges, be interested in leading others and hold strong analytical and communication skills.
Other essentials include:
- University degree (Master in Business)
- Similar work experience is a strong advantage
- Fluent English
- Good understanding of FMCG industry
- Professional auditing certification (preferred), such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years of experience
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.