Job description / Role
Plans and executes various financial, compliance and operational audits in accordance with accepted professional standards in order to determine compliance with institutional policies and procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations. Maintains quality control on financial documents and reports produced in the Secretary General's units.
* Develops detailed audit plans and programs.
* Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in the Secretary General's units.
* Performs specific audit procedures and prepares work papers documenting the audit procedures performed.
* Performs quality control on financial reports produced and distributed from the Secretary General's Office.
* Reviews direct purchase transactions under AED 10,000 for compliance with University policies and procedures.
* Reviews compliance of University departments with policies and procedures, as assigned.
* Prepares comprehensive written reports.
* Follows up to determine adequacy of corrective actions.
* Provides assistance to external auditors as requested.
* Special studies and projects as may be assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
* Knowledge and Technical Skills Required
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Microsoft Office Suite.
* Familiarity with education operations preferred
* Fluent in English and Arabic
Education and Experience
* Baccalaureate degree in accounting or related field and professional certification.
* Three to five years' experience.
* Auditing standards and methods workshops
* Performance management workshops
* Change management workshops
* English Language workshops
* Desktop computer applications usage skills workshops
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.