Internal Communications Lead
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other
Job Description & Summary
A member of the Chief People Officer's team responsible for supporting the CPO and leading the Internal Communications team, by establishing internal communications strategy and overseeing the implementation and day-to-day activities.
Lead in planning, liaising with different areas of the business and implementing communication activities for conveying the organisation & strategy and messages. Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to the Internal Communication budget.
- Track spending against the budget.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with the Chief People Officer.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to stakeholders and employees.
- Lead in the development of internal communications plans, aligned with the strategy.
- Liaise with business partners to ensure their priorities are being supported by internal communications channels.
- Liaise and coordinate with external communications and marketing teams
- Support the internal communication agenda by understanding business context and editing and writing content for a variety of internal communications.
- Manage social and external profiles of key stakeholders.
- Use existing social media channels to communicate with our people.
- Support in the running and development of annual internal events, both digital and live.
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Drive consistency in communication style and language across all areas of the business.
- Lead and abide by the PwC brand, acting as an ambassador in the region and ensure that all internal communications are aligned to overall corporate brand identity.
- Develop communication plans and key promotional messages
- Plan, edit and write where needed content for a variety of internal communications mediums.
- Ensure compliance of activities with project communication strategy.
- Lead development of internal communications platforms
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages and marketing initiatives.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
Learning & Growth
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed.
- Lead the Internal Communication team and support their development and growth
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ideally degree educated in communications
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- 9+ years of experience in corporate communications,
- Experience in a marketing function or communications role, preferably with internal communications experience
- Industry experience within the Middle East is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Professional Services Industry, including latest market developments, best practices and trends.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to compile and synthesize data.
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.