Job description / Role
JOB PURPOSE: To implement the internal control framework within Compliance and associated governance across key risk areas and ensure that the risk and control environment across the bank is adequately represented in the relevant RCSAs in order to ensure that all material risks have adequate controls in place.
Risk and Control Assessment and Management:
- In conjunction with the Head of Department, implement, the agreed programme for control assurance in order to identify/assess key controls within Compliance and determine the design/operating effectiveness. Track ineffective controls and related risk assessment / conformance testing results (in light of issue origination, remediation and embedment) in order to ensure controls are operating effectively.
Internal Control and Monitoring:
- Perform the review of RCSA control testing carried out by BORM’s in line with the agreed internal control framework in order to challenge KRI ratings and overall risk assessment results submitted by business functions
- Implement the annual schedule for process reviews, identify gaps and recommend corrective actions to ensure the organisation is protected from regulatory and operational risk perspective.
- Maintain a monitoring programme to ensure effective execution of ad hoc testing assignments and that remedial actions or control improvements are implemented.
Quality Assurance and RCSA:
- Perform quality assurance reviews for Compliance to compliment the outcome of RCSA programme in order to ensure consistency and keep up to date with new/revised processes Prepare and document the testing outcome against the agreed plan to ensure adequate onward reporting of results to be reflected as part of Compliance MIS.
- Complete pre-audit preparation to define overall scope of review to be undertaken, support Compliance units to conduct pre audit reviews and flag any ‘hot spots’ in order to ensure review readiness Track the status of open audit observations, review progress and quality assure the readiness for issue closure in order to ensure issues identified during audit process/regulatory reviews are addressed and relevant controls enhanced.
MIS and Reporting:
- Prepare internal control testing MI ensuring required evidence is maintained in order to provide accurate and up to date data/MIS Ensure standard Operational Risk procedure, programme checklists and templates are in place in order to articulate testing outcomes and embedment status Support the MIS team in projecting up to date testing results to ensure these are accurately reflected in the quarterly reports prepared for MEC and BAC.
Policies, Processes, Systems and Procedures:
- Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner while delivering the required standard of service to customers and stakeholders.
- Manage self in line with the bank’s people management policies, procedures, processes and practices to ensure adherence and to maximise own contribution to business performance.
- Demonstrate Our Promise and apply the ADCB Service Standards to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all internal and external customer interactions.
At least 6 years of experience in banking/financial services industry in an audit/risk management department with exposure to compliance assurance and financial crime.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
Certification in AML & Sanctions; Internal Auditing or Accountancy
Knowledge and Skills:
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Understanding of audit and risk management practices.
About the Company
Founded in 1985, ADCB employs more than 4,000 staff from 62 nationalities, serving over 600,000 retail customers, and approximately 50,000 corporate and SME clients. The bank operates in 48 branches, 4 pay offices, 2 branches in India, 1 branch in Jersey and a representative office in London. By the end of March 2015, the total assets of ADCB amounted to AED 207 billion.
ADCB is a full-service commercial bank that offers a wide range of products and services including retail banking, wealth management, private banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, cash management, investment banking, corporate finance, foreign exchange, interest rate, currency derivatives, Islamic products, project finance and property management services.
ADCB is 58.08% owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi. The banks shares are traded on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. By the end of March 2015, excluding treasury shares, ADCBs market capitalization was AED 34 bn .
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Internal Auditor
|Ras Al Khaimah||5 Mar|
Petrochem Middle East
Executive Accountant: Bank Reconciliation
Dubai Properties (DP)
Assistant Finance Manager
Ignite Search & Selection