Job description / Role
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit an International Facilities Operations Manager for our Dubai office.
Described by market commentators as "blazing a trail", DWF is one of the UK's largest legal businesses and has an award-winning reputation for client service excellence and effective operational management. DWF has been named by the Financial Times as one of Europe's most innovative law firms and has been independently ranked first of all top 20 law firms for the quality of its legal advice, and joint first of all national law firms for its service delivery and responsiveness.
Employing over 2,800 people across 24 locations, the firm has core strengths in corporate and banking, insurance, real estate and litigation, and in-depth industry expertise in several chosen sectors including central and local government, energy and industrials, financial services, retail, food and hospitality, technology and transport. Our locations: London, United Kingdom Manchester, United Kingdom Liverpool, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Edinburgh, United Kingdom Glasgow, United Kingdom Newcastle, United Kingdom Bristol, United Kingdom Leeds, United Kingdom Preston United Kingdom Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, Australia, Brussels, Belgium Dublin, Ireland Belfast, Northern Ireland, Milan, Cologne, Germany Munich, Germany Dubai, United Arab Emirates Paris, France.
Main function of job:
To lead and manage the facilities and client support functions internationally ensuring that the services provided are of a high quality in terms of effectiveness, efficiency and best value and in the provision of an appropriate and professional service to within agreed service levels.
This is an exciting role within an ever-changing environment. It will be both challenging and rewarding and will allow the opportunity to exercise initiative and to gain and develop a broad variety of different skills. You will develop a culture of continuous improvement and encourage a value added service provision through innovation and best practice.
You will ensure an appropriate and professional service and provide a safe, comfortable and operational working environment for all colleagues, in respect of Health & Safety, Space and Office Planning, Office Services and Welfare Facilities and to protect the value of the businesses property portfolio through Asset Management, Building Maintenance and M&E Maintenance.
• Responsible to: Director of Facilities & Property
• Responsible for: Facilities and Client Support teams internationally
• Liaison with: All employees, external clients and service providers
• It is essential that the post holder has a good level of international facilities and client support management experience relating to a commercial building operation;
• Membership of the British Institute of Facilities Management and or International Facilities Management Association;
• Demonstrable experience of statutory rules and compliance requirements across the Middle East, Australasia and North America.
• Has a structured approach, prioritises, manages own time and is highly organised;
• Strong delegation and management skills, sufficient to lead a multi-disciplined and diverse operation across varied international locations;
• Takes action to avoid problems or resolves with solutions that best fit the customer and firm;
• Maintains high standards of performance by identifying and creating self-development opportunities;
• Numerate and has experience of budget management;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be able to demonstrate a flexible and hands on approach to the duties and tasks as outlined together with a -can do, will do- attitude;
• Commitment to outstanding service by the whole department to internal and external clients;
• A track record which demonstrates change management as well as the ability to think laterally and challenge the status quo in order to deliver continuous improvement and cost effectiveness in the services delivered;
• IT skills to a high level to enable first class service delivery and cost effectiveness of service.
Note to recruitment agencies: We operate a strict preferred supplier list and we will only accept CV's from agencies who we have agreed terms with and who we have instructed to assist us with this recruitment. All introductions should be made direct to the Talent Acquisition team and we will not pay a fee for any CV's sent to our business outside of this process.
About the Company
We are a global legal business, transforming legal services through our people for our clients. Like us, our clients recognise that the world is changing fast and the old rules no longer apply. That's why we're always finding agile ways to tackle new challenges together. But we don't simply claim to be different. We prove it through every detail of our work, across every level. We go beyond conventions and expectations.
Join us on the journey.