Job description / Role
Middle East Executive are currently recruiting for an In-house Legal Counsel based in Dubai for an International service provider. Represented across Africa, Middle East and Central Asia operating principally in the Energy & Resources and Corporate Services segments.
Reporting to the Africa Middle East General Counsel, the International Legal Counsel’s main missions will include but not be limited to:
• Supporting the Africa Middle East General Counsel on all legal matters in the region, with a particular focus on Africa.
• Maintaining close relations with and advising management across the region.
• Supporting on and maintaining corporate governance and risk management processes (GDPR – Ethics and Compliances procedures).
• Contracts: responding to tenders; drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and contract variations (services contracts, NDAs, data processing agreements etc.); preparing precedents; maintaining a database of client contracts; supporting on supply chain contracts, drafting all kind of commercial contracts.
• Corporate: working on the corporate governance tasks of the Region, including setting up and maintaining delegations of authority and delegations of power.
• Drafting of training material.
• Contributing to legal standards and templates as required by the business.
AED 18,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Qualified Lawyer with 2 years’ experience in private practice and/or in-house in a number of jurisdictions.
• Experience in corporate and commercial law in the GCC.
• Ability to build trust and good working relationships with colleagues and clients in different countries and time zones.
• Genuine interest in the operational and business aspects of the company.
• Fluent English (French is a plus).
• Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
• Self-organized, resourceful, good judgment, rigorous, pragmatic, results-oriented and can work with other specialists to deliver value-add services for the organization.
• Confidence to work autonomously, as well as with the regional and global legal function.
• Cultural sensitivity and business-focus.
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical