Job description / Role
Purpose of this job is: To lead the recruitment of international students in the University's also set and implement a clear plan in order to achieve the goals of international students' enrollment in designated recruitment markets. The position holder will manage the organization and execution of events and promotional activity and maintain and further develop appropriate recruitment channels such as third party agents and strategic partnerships. It will also be necessary to support the wider Admissions team and contribute to the selection and enrollment process for new international students.
- Student Recruitment Strategy & Planning
- Develops and implements global recruitment initiatives to increase international student enrollment and achieve or exceed set international student recruitment targets within budget allocation through comprehensive short and medium term planning.
- Generates international leads and applications that convert to enrolled students.
- Leads students' recruitment activities and processing applications with International Agents, Education Consultants, and International Schools Counsellors.
- Represents the University at domestic and international fairs, recruitment events, and international high schools, partner's visits and road shows.
- Continuously reviews the competitive and market environment, advise university leaders and support ADU to establish itself as a first choice university in its international markets.
- Increases awareness of and enthusiasm for Abu Dhabi University, and engages students, parents, guidance counsellors and other influencers.
- Collaborates with Marketing on the development of International recruiting materials, communication strategies, and advertising.
- Leverages on the current network of International Agents and Education Consultants acquired from previous roles, and build/tailor relations and agreements specific to Abu Dhabi University needs and in-line with International recruitment targets and vision.
- Identifies opportunities for international articulation and manages agent agreements and build stakeholders relationship to develop, execute and evaluate.
- Reviews and process all international applications as per established guidelines and timings, and maintain regular contact with applicants.
- Leads the completion, review and conversion of international student applications; including freshmen and transfers with foreign credentials in a timely manner.
- Implements quality assurance programs and ensure that students receive quality advice and support.
- Counsels prospective students and families about admissions, scholarships, academic programs and student life at the University.
- Ensures that all recruiting materials are current and coordinates mailings of materials and updated information to overseas representative, as needed.
- Devises procedures regarding international payments, including commission and overseas representatives' fees.
- Liaises with the Admissions and Registration in ensuring that the admission and registration policies for international students are followed through.
- Liaises with Student Affairs to ensure smooth coordination of visas, accommodation and other government relations process for international students.
- Team Management
- In coordination with Director and Senior manager, sets targets for International Recruitment team and monitor their performance.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Budget Planning & Audit
- Supports Senior Manager in providing periodical audit report of the International Recruitment department.
- Participates in the development, review, and analysis of annual operating budgets as it relates to campus-level International Recruitment admissions goals
- In coordination with Director, develops policies and procedures as needed and ensure all are followed in regards to International student admission and recruitment, progression, registration and all other functions related to this area.
- Liaising with Accreditation bodies
- As per Director and Senior Manager approval, may represent the university at regional and international summits to ensure that policies and procedures are followed as per the set guidelines.
- Strengthens relationships with the students, government, community organizations and businesses to promote Abu Dhabi University.
- Leads the university in international accreditation on countries that the university has established relationship with
- Ensures adherence to policies and guidelines set by external authorities like CAA (Commission for Academic Accreditation), ADEC (Abu Dhabi Education Council) and sponsors.
- Develops reports related to International students enrollment progress, International student enrollment and retention, attrition rates.
- Provides reports on progress against the recruitment plan.
- Prepares statistical analysis on International student recruitment trends and status on prospective students.
- Prepares post events' reports from events, exhibitions, school events.
- Prepares proposals based on International students' feedback to improve recruitment procedures
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or any Business related field.
- Master degree in Marketing or in any Business related field strongly preferred.
- At least five years international student recruitment experience with a track record of delivering stretch targets.
- Experience in developing and implementing student recruitment plans to deliver results.
- Experience in working effectively with educational agents.
- Experience in establishing and developing relationships with institutional partners.
- Experience in working with Government and sponsoring agencies.
- Experience in coordinating student recruitment marketing activity including agent events, educational fairs, school and institutional events etc.
- Experience in the development of printed and digital promotional material.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Arabic and English fluency is a must.
- English Language qualification - IELTS Grade 6.5 with no band at less than 6.0 (or equivalent qualification).
- Understanding of cultural issues related to international students.
- Extensive presentation and public speaking experience.
- Solid business relations with existing network of International Agents and Education Consultants.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to details, creative, and strong problem solving skills.
- Advanced organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
Normal working condition with external office visits as required Ability to travel (nationally and internationally) and flexible on working hours (Including weekends and evenings if needed on seasonal peaks).
About the Company
Abu Dhabi University is the largest private university in the UAE and is committed to becoming the institution of choice for students across all Emirates and more widely in the region.
With four Colleges offering over 40 undergraduate and postgraduate programs, campuses in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai and Al Dhafra Region, and multiple affiliations with globally renowned institutions, a UAE-wide, truly international quality education is guaranteed for all of our students.