Job description / Role
As an International Tax Manager, your primary focus will be advising global companies on the various regional and international tax implications of their operations. You'll demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply your tax knowledge to client situations, developing and delivering innovative tax planning ideas with timely, responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. You'll also thoroughly and accurately analyze information and prepare practical and creative approaches tailored to a client's tax situation, arriving at appropriate conclusions. As a manager, you'll take the lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans, and making informed decisions in complex areas. Your remit will include managing the work of client service team members and staff and participating in and contributing to the achievement of team goals. You'll also identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
- Participate in international tax engagements
- Assist in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Build strong internal relationships within the international tax team and across other services
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training international tax professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance or a related field (an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable)
- A minimum of four (with a master's degree) or five years (with a bachelor's degree) of relevant tax experience, or equivalent experience in business or industry
- CPA certification or equivalent
- Broad exposure to international taxation
- Strong managerial, organizational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency in Arabic skill is highly desirable
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.