Job description / Role
The main purpose of the internship role is to support the team of ONESOURCE Fast VAT for the -e-ecommerce launch in the UAE, Saudi and Bahrain. Role is based in our Dubai office in the Media City.
ONESOURCE is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Support daily interactions with Clients on the new e-commerce platform
• Support the development team for any feature & release cycle
• Responsible for customer satisfaction Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Help and support the overall team for platform user testing and any other activities to ensure the success of ONESOURCE Fast VAT
Through this internship, you will gain:
• Exposure to the world of VAT and wider taxation in the GCC
• Overview of a software development lifecycle and release schedule with direct interaction with the product and development team
AED 4000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
• Very strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently and proactively seeking for opportunities to develop further.
• Intermediate to advance software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines.
• Multiple languages skills would be preferred for the role – English is mandatory and one or more languages (e.g. Arabic, Spanish, Italian, French, etc…).
• Professional accounting or tax qualification is considered a great asset
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS, REST API's, Git.
• Know basics of Web and Mobile Product Development.
• Being able to contribute to applications and frameworks is a plus.
• Self-learner - who can look up open source projects for requirements.
• Driven and self-motivated to solve problems
About the Company
Refinitiv, formerly the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters, is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. Serving more than 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries, we provide information, insights, and technology that drive innovation and performance in global markets. Our 160-year Reuters heritage of integrity enables customers to make critical decisions with confidence, while our unique open platform, best-in-class data, and cutting-edge technology bring greater opportunity to our customers. By advancing our customers, we drive progress for the entire financial community.