Job description / Role
Inventory Controller - Success Profile
Reporting to: Assistant Stores Manager
Division / Function: Serco Dubai Metro
Base location: Engineering & Maintenance / Logistics
The purpose of this position is to manage all inventory control related activities and to assist the Assistant Warehouse Manager to provide effective logistics and inventory management and services to Engineering & Maintenance Department of the Dubai Metro
Reason For Role
- Assist the Assistant Stores Manager in planning and management to provide effective inventory services to the Engineering & Maintenance Department of the Dubai Metro
- Supervise and oversee the Lead Store Keepers on all aspects of inventory administration
- Structure and reporting relationship
- This position reports directly to the Assistant Stores Manager
- This position manages a team of Lead Store Keepers
- Based on the specific requirement of the role EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Develops and implements procedures for ensuring that adequate inventory levels are present
- Supervise and coach the Storekeeper on all aspects of inventory management (material handling, sorting, shelving and accurate bin locations of spares according to predetermined sequence with accurate markings and identifying information)
- Load and unload goods at the warehouse for material receipts and issues
- Handle chemicals and inflammable materials
- Operate forklift trucks and other lifting equipment as required
- Receive items in inventory with correct quantity, unit measurement, labels and correct BIN location
- Raise requisitions and purchase orders
- Ensure that allotted items have shelf life/expiration date and all items with warranty are updated in MMS
- Ensure that all hazardous items have material safety data sheet (MSDS)
- Record any stock movements on the inventory management system (MMS) to ensure accuracy of stock levels at all times (includes issuance, manual issuance transfers and returns)
- Ensure that all assets are issued in the correct operating location and attached with the correct parent
- Ensure that all manual issuances are booked in Work Order
- Ensure that critical list is updated on a monthly basis and Subsystem Stores Outstanding Inventory Balance Report is sent out to sub-system
- Use the inventory management system to download key reports such as weekly and monthly report as required by RTA
- Ensure that lotted items/ items with expiration date are managed accordingly
- Identify stock below re-order point and prepare replenishment report
- Coordination for replacement of rejected and/or damaged item or any clarification required from supplier coordination
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors regarding the repair or replacement of faulty, damaged items/assets
- Monitor and prepare tools due for calibration
- Raise vendor service requests and generation of return merchandise authorization (RMA)
- Prepare and ship items for repair through local and international suppliers
- Register, receive, classify and segregate Engineering and Maintenance waste
- Correction in inventory (such as UOM, elimination item ID duplication, description and physical matches) as instructed by the Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Manage control measures to ensure inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved
- Identify causes of issues and implementing process improvements
- Communicate and implement changes as directed by Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Perform inventory stock count on predetermined frequency , prepare reports and action to balance inventory counts
- Maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse participate in keeping all work areas clean, safe and tidy for smoothing all the logistic and inventory process in a controlled, safe, efficient and appropriate manner
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/directed by the Assistant Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Manager and Logistics Manager
- Graduate/Higher diploma in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
Essential Technical, Professional Skills, Knowledge And Essential Experiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Folk lift operator license and driving experience is required
- Supply Chain Management experience
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Good General Trade skills - Be able to work with wood and cardboard to specially pack items for shipping & transport to site.
- Ability to recognize and differentiate between engineering commodity groups like: Relays, Plumbing spares, and Ventilation or Air conditioning parts.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in and Inventory & Warehouse environment.
- Must be Computer Literate with relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications - outlook, excel and word in particular
- Familiar with at least one of the following Inventory Management Systems - SAP, Maximo, and Oracle.
- At least 1 year of forklift driving experience is mandatory.
- Supply Chain Management experience
- Experience in inventory administration, logistics, issuing of materials, housekeeping, and using a computerized inventory management system is preferable.
Additional Dimensions, KPIs or Special Features Of The Role
- Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Health, Safety, Quality & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies stated above
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco's controlled premises/systems
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties
- Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peer, subcontractors and third parties.
Safety Critical Competencies
- Attend all safety related training courses or refresher training courses such as:
Forklift Driving, Overhead Crane, PAT Testing, Ladder & Access Staging Inspection, MEWP Operator Training (AWP, Snake Boom and Scissor Lift) and Environmental Awareness + Hazardous Substances & Spillages.
Any Other Role Specific Leadership Attributes
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Ability to handle simple tasks and have a good understanding of how to deal with uncertainties.
- Able to decide on instances that immediate decision is required
- Able to prioritize material issuance based on urgency of the requirement.
- Able to work independently in a shift working environment, sometimes as a lone worker.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.