Investigations & Disputes Director
Job description / Role
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Develops new and innovative approaches to analysing data to help team draw meaningful conclusions; champions the use of advanced visualization to extract insights from a data set and presents findings in a clear, logical manner to client executives
- Operates independently of established procedures when required by the situation in order to provide clear direction to team and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Understands drivers of growth, profitability, and cash flow as well as a firm’s financial statements and key performance measures
- Assesses the financial aspects of business opportunities; identifies and quantifies financial and non-financial benefits of proposed solutions
- Resolves escalated scope, timeline, or resourcing issues and shapes team’s priorities to address most urgent and relevant tasks
- Rigorously manages engagement financials to ensure proper invoicing, staff billing, and engagement profitability
- Develops relationships, establishes credibility with, and instils confidence in clients
- Identifies relevant business trends, economic forces, and industry practices and can confidently discuss with the client
- Sets direction regarding the development and compliance of standards, guidelines and service agreements
- Develops and deploys analytical approaches to gain a deeper and more complete understanding of complex business issues
- Assists clients in addressing the technological challenges of today’s complex investigation and litigation environments
- Manages the end-to-end business dispute process, from case theory development and discovery to expert witness testimony
- Helps client manage strategic, financial, operational, technological, and regulatory risk to enhance enterprise value
- Articulates and quantifies the wider implications of any allegations of misappropriation, corruption, theft or financial crime by drawing upon deep technical and industry knowledge
- Assist in the drafting of formal reports in the context of investigation and disputes engagements
- Work closely with our Forensic Technology team to extract and organise both structured (i.e. databases, enterprise systems, etc.) and unstructured (i.e. email messages, audio files, etc.) data to assist in investigations and assessing/monitoring the client’s fraud risk
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values
- Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
- Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
- Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
- 10+ years or more experience in audit/financial consulting/investigations with at least 6 of those in a forensic environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and plan components of engagements along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Recognized accounting qualification (ACCA/CA/CPA) preferred
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual (Arabic & English) preferred
About the Company
talentorder is a leading, internationally focused, niche recruitment solutions business, established by proven and award winning recruitment leaders.
We represent FinTech, Consulting, Challenger Businesses appointing management to executive talent.
Consultants are dedicated to a specialism, to ensure continued knowledge and growing contact networks.
- Executive Appointments - CEO, Co-Founder, MD, COO, CIO, CTO and Executive Advisors
- Corporate Governance - Cyber Security, Risk Management, Compliance, Fraud, BCM, AML and Crisis Management
- Sales & Marketing - Sales and Marketing Leadership, Management and Executives
- Technology - CTOs, Leadership, Management, Project and Programme Management
Our business owners have extensive international experience building recruitment companies, which partner with organisations, long-term. They have achieved awards and industry recognition for the recruitment of cyber security, technology and innovative recruitment solutions.
Collectively, talentorder consultants hold extensive international networks, with the ability to delivery talent solutions for scaling FinTechs through to expanding Consulting Partnerships.