Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known government entity is currently looking for an Investment Accountant to join their team.
• Review and validate all monthly investment accounting reports & journals provided by the custodian.
• Complete the monthly reconciliation of portfolio managers' valuations and custodian valuations.
• Liaise with Accountants to provide all necessary Fund information to the Custodian on a timely and accurate basis.
• Review investment compliance reports and alerts received from the Custodians systems to ensure that the Investment functions are acting within the agreed mandate.
• Ensure all fees charged in respect of Investment Management, Custody and performance are calculated in accordance with the agreed contracted basis.
• Develop processes, policies and procedures to ensure the effective control of the Fund's investment accounting and control activities.
• Develop procedures for the sample checking and validation of random investment transactions to independent sources.
• Monitor and report on the performance of the Custodian against the agreed standards as detailed in the Global Custody Agreement.
• Assist the Finance functions accounting staff in their responsibilities when requested.
• Qualified accountant or analyst, preferably CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, or CFA, with at least 2 to 4 years of experience
• Experience working with private equity, investment firms, or family offices, either as a consultant or direct working experience.
• High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethics
• Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and creative skills
• Highly organized with good time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
Whilst it is open to other nationalities, UAE nationals would be preferred.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.