Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known investment firm is currently looking for an Investment Accountant – Specialist to join their team.
• Ensure the prompt and efficient payment of the firm’s expenses to suppliers, employees and third parties.
• Ensure that all procurement procedures have been followed and the payment request has been
• authorized by the correct personnel.
• Ensure the daily lump sum payments are completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the firm’s processes, policies and procedures.
• Communicate with the bank to resolve queries and follow up on payments made and identification of unknown receipts made into the firm's accounts
• Ensure that all firm’s fixed assets are safeguarded utilizing bar-code technology for asset tracking.
• Complete fixed asset depreciation, reconciliation and impairment assessment are regularly completed in accordance with international accounting standards
• Ensure that the staff payroll is paid in accordance with the firm’s processes, policies and procedures.
• Liaise with HR function to ensure the prompt and efficient processing of the staff payroll within
• agreed service levels.
• Ensure all documentation, policies and procedures for all processes are accurate and regularly reviewed.
• Make recommendations for changes and improvements where ideas for improvement of quality or efficiency can be made in processes or systems.
• Ensure reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Complete the periodic reconciliation entity and by sector, to ensure the complete and accurate recording of all payments, previous service and penalty transactions within the firm
• Ensure entity statements are correctly determined in accordance with the law and the internal policies and procedures
• Ensure all procedures are followed on a timely basis
• Ensure all payments received are correctly identified, matched and allocated to the correct entity
• Ensure that reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure all fund information received is keyed accurately and into the correct format.
• Ensure the data for all entities is loaded and validated.
• Provide regular reports on entities paying late on contributions together with commentary on potential causes and actions to remedy the situation.
• Qualified accountant or analyst, preferably CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, or CFA, with at least 4 to 6 years of experience
• Experience working with private equity, investment firms, or family offices, either as a consultant or direct working experience.
• High level of integrity and dependability, with diligent work ethics
• Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and creative skills
• Highly organized with good time management skills
• Meticulous attention to details
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Petrochem Middle East
National Marine Dredging Company
Green Gulf Careers