Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Purpose of the Role:
Provide support activities to the Custody team in all operational matters related to accounting opening, market linkages, reconciliation, KYC/AML processes, failed trade monitoring and reporting, monitoring and instructing corporate action events, facilitating the securities lending program, and transition management activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the timely receipt of securities and cash through management, control, and analysis of domestic/international market practices.
• Functions include trade status reporting, trade settlements, and securities, foreign exchange, and cash transfer processing.
• Resolve internal trade issues on or before the settlement date, prior to depository cut?offs by clearly communicating with AFS Middle Office, traders/investment departments, and the custodians.
• Communicate issues and take initiative to resolve problems when dealing with internal and external partners and service providers.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate, and complete failed trade resolution.
• Carry out accurate review andresolution of all exception trades by effectively communicating any issues with Middle Office, AFS Cash
• Management and the investment department for internal trades and with the relevant investment department and the investment manager for externally managed account trades.
• Ensure all custody securities and cash accounts that have been set up with the primary service provider, are replicated at the contingency custody service provider.
• Responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reviewing various reconciliation and management reports as well as special custody data-related requests in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
• Identify, analyze and communicate potential operational risk from daily security and cash functions, including securities and/or cash transfers and data discrepancies.
• Liaison with the company’s legal, compliance and tax units in support of AML / KYC and tax documentation in support of account renewals, new accounts, new market linkages, and necessary tax documentation.
• Escalate problems that could have a significant impact on daily operations and/or could adversely affect company and partnership relations.
• Requires appropriate decisions and escalation of critical issues resulting in the safeguarding of the company's assets.
• Participate in departmental projects and assist with the development and review of new and/or changes to departmental policies and procedures.
• Collaborate within ateam environment to successfully manage daily work volumes and quality standards.
• Perform safe custody control over the company’s critical/vital documents.
• Carry out Service Level Agreement review for each custodian and KPI monitoring on an ongoing basis.
• Supporting the overall service delivery of the Custody Division via cross team cooperation/communication and implement change effectively.
• Ensure the group and divisional risks are identified, assessed, and managed to resolution.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as assigned by the line manager.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent
• Claritas Certificate or a similar basic investment qualification
• Approx. 3-5 years experience in trade settlement of listed Equities / fixed-income products, corporate actions, account openings , and closings
• Work experience relevant to this role includes the following responsibilities: setting up bank accounts, custody market linkages, reviewing market specific documentation, AML/KYC support, corporate action processing, trade settlement cycles, failed trades monitoring and reporting, communication with external counterparties.
• Work experience in a finance operations/custody role would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Technical Expertise / Skills / Knowledge:
• Basic understanding of standard asset classes / investment products.
• Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and experience. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to capture/articulate and accurately document key processes/procedures identify and resolve issues.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within a tight timeframe.
• Good analytical skills.
• Must have the ability to raise and escalate critical issues or concerns.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work, accurately manage and communicate status and meet agreed-upon schedules/deadlines.
• Must be organized and display a methodical approach to asset servicing activities.
• Fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly become efficient and effective in a new position.
• Detail-oriented balanced with the ability to understand and maintain sight of the big asset service picture.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Procurement and Contracts Administrator
|Abu Dhabi||27 Jan|
Private Equity & Investments Strategy Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent