Job description / Role
The Investment Principal located in Abu Dhabi will lead teams that manage multi-asset class client portfolios. As a rapidly growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Investment Strategy Development: Leveraging insights from the Firm’s Central Research Team and Asset Class teams to design multi-asset class portfolios for clients, subject to constraints including (but not limited to) risk budget, liquidity, and spending needs.
• Portfolio Exposure Management: Monitoring portfolio exposures on an ongoing basis. Rebalancing investments, as necessary, to ensure that the portfolio adheres to stated goals and constraints.
• Managing liquidity to meet any necessary capital calls and/or capital requirements of the client.
• Meeting Preparation/Execution: Directing the agenda and supporting materials for client update meetings.
• Leading meeting discussions and responding to client questions regarding investment strategy.
• Client Request Management: Maintaining an open dialogue with clients and responding to ad-hoc requests related to, for example, external investment opportunities, charitable giving, and/or estate planning.
• Team Development: Managing, developing, and mentoring junior team members who will support the Investment Principal in their range of responsibilities. Other (Secondary Focus): As with all other members of the Firm, the Investment Principal will take on other activities and projects that contribute to the success of the business. Examples may include: recruiting and training junior members of the team, researching and improving our portfolio construction approach and/or assisting with business development.
• Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business.
• The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
• Develops and maintains industry-leading knowledge of investment strategies, investment management firms, and capital market developments
• Gathers and synthesizes data for deliverables to Investment Committee
• Drafts investment recommendations/binders to support investment decisions
• Coordinates with the head of Compliance to ensure the trusts are in compliance with regulatory agencies
• Travels to meet with existing investment managers, conduct due diligence sessions, and attend industry conferences
Qualifications / Attributes
• Deep understanding and active passion for investing and markets
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a professional services role (e.g., investment banking, private equity)
• Bachelors’ degree in relevant field (business, economics, finance, engineering, or similar quantitative field) or 4 years with a Masters' degree (in business, economics, or similar quantitative field) professional certification (e.g., CFA Chartered Financial Analyst, CAIA Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) is a plus.
• High Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Strong quantitative skills and detail-orientation
• Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment
• High intellectual curiosity and willingness to contribute to the overall success of the business
• Self-starter comfortable managing multiple projects at a time
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
Gold Standard DMCC
Family Office - Investment Manager
Equity Research Analyst
J&T Express Middle East