Job description / Role
Our client is a leading international Government Investment & Trade Commission with well-established economic, social and cultural partnerships with many regions around the world. Ultimate aim is to attract and promote investment opportunities across vast range of products and raw materials to overseas markets, by providing information and advice to variety of companies wanting to increase their investment readiness or export capability.
International Investment & Trade Services are provided through referrals or introductions to the individual offices strategically located in each region to facilitate the delivery of the growth strategy across multiple markets. This organization markets the economic diversification strategy overseas, and actively facilitate trade and investment opportunities by driving an outward focused, customer-centered approach.
- Develop and deliver investment attraction strategies to promote foreign direct investment and business development across priority industry and growth sectors.
- Support companies seeking to develop significant trade and investment opportunities in the Gulf region.
- Initiate, plan and manage programs and activities to generate interest and awareness of the investment and business development potential for businesses in the Gulf.
- Schedule and participate in events, conferences, exhibitions, presentations, roadshows and meetings in the Middle East, on behalf of the Commissioner, to promote the State’s interests in targeted centers and sectors in the Gulf region.
- Represent the office and the Commissioner as required, including formal visitations.
- Develop and maintain relevant high-level professional networks and relationships in the Gulf and home market, for the benefit of businesses, agencies, institutions, and organizations.
- Utilize networks and relationships to facilitate business relationships between the home country and Gulf agencies, institutions and companies.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and appreciation of the respective home country and Middle Eastern political and economic profiles and issues that influence corporate development and keep agencies and institutions appraised accordingly.
- Manage a small team of local staff including supervising, mentoring and developing staff in the Dubai office.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- University Degree in any related discipline
- Significant experience in and/or high-level understanding of the trade and investment activities in various industry sectors
- Experience facilitating knowledge sharing across political, commercial and industrial sectors
- Strong verbal and written English language skills or other language skills in the Gulf.
- Applies conceptual and critical thinking skills to analyze and resolve complex issues to achieve strategic objectives and identify new opportunities for business and economic development.
- Builds networks and develops collaborative relationships internally and between industry, Government, community and other stakeholders.
- Leads teams through empowering and encouraging them to take responsibility and achieve results.
- Previous experience working with a trade and investment promotion department or organization is highly desirable.
About the Company
InterSearch Middle East FZ-LLC is part of InterSearch Worldwide, an international organisation of retained executive search firms. InterSearch was established in 1989 and headquartered in the UK. In terms of total revenue, we are recognised as the seventh largest search firm in the world with revenues of more than US$103 million. In terms of global coverage, we are currently ranked number three in the world with over 100 offices in 50 countries. www.InterSearch.org
InterSearch Middle East has been recruiting across the Middle East region for the last 23 years; opening the first office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in 1998 and conducting our first assignment in Oman in 2004. InterSearch is the only international executive search firm with a dedicated office in Oman.