Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a bright and self-motivated investment professional with a passion for the luxury fashion and beauty industries to help originate, execute, and manage late stage equity investments and transformational acquisitions as part of the Chalhoub Group's investment team.
The successful candidate will work closely with key senior stakeholders across the Chalhoub Group to help apply the Group's investment strategy, set and execute screening methodologies, lead investment due diligence, build financial models, and provide guidance, advice, and support to portfolio companies. You must have several years of formative experience as a financial or investment analyst at an investment bank or financial advisory firm and be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Examine and assess economic and market trends, research reports, public filings and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable application of investment strategy
- Manage and monitor existing investments, working closely with portfolio company management teams to ensure successful execution of business plans, sharing of best practices, and strict governance controls
- Conduct due diligence and support the total process for new investments (e.g., screen new opportunities, build financial models, prepare investment memos, analyze legal documents, manage service providers)
- Compile periodic performance data and perform portfolio analysis, valuation, and benchmarking
- Prepare quarterly and annual reporting documents
- Ensure all investments comply with policies and procedures
- Build external networks with financial advisors, fund managers, and industry professionals to support deal sourcing
- Establish and nurture internal networks across the greater company to ensure successful investments that deliver long-term value creation to the Chalhoub Group
What you'll need to succeed
- Outstanding academics from a top-tier university.
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in finance, economics, or a quantitative field
- CFA certification a plus
- 4-7 years of total work experience
- Experience working as a financial or investment analyst (M&A, investment banking, private equity, transaction advisory services)
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.