Job description / Role
Our client is recruiting an Investment Manager based out of their headquarters in Abu Dhabi - they have an existing pool of media assets (print and broadcast) with a mandate to acquire further strategically and commercially viable assets globally.
Our client is a sovereign backed institutional vehicle which invests in strategic media assets globally. They are looking to recruit an Investment Manager who will invest in strategic media assets - this Investment Manager will have prior Media investment experience.
The Investment Manager, who will have prior investment experience in the Media industry (Media is namely defined as print, broadcast and internet - i.e. having a reach, and not technological bolt-on assets or similar services to vertically integrate with print, broadcast and internet), will (partly) originate, structure, execute and manage/ monitor/ improve portfolio assets. They will:
* Demonstrate the ability to identify key commercial aspects of a target asset - regardless of whether it is distressed or not
* Demonstrate strong industry knowledge in terms of assets and pricing, and portfolio synergy
* Regularly interact with third parties through the deal and/ or strategic transformation basis
* Identify business development opportunities with the current portfolio and target assets
* Be the lead on strategic transformations at portfolio assets
* Draft, with support of junior(s) on the team, written documents (transaction, marketing, operating)
* Be a strong project manager (acquisitions, dispositions, financings, asset management/ improvement, major decisions)
* Work well with individuals at all levels of an organisation, focus on developing others on the team and at portfolio assets
Capital to Invest, Tax-Free Compensation, Work Culture
The candidate will have an overall of 10+ years' of relevant financial services experience, with at least 4 years' of experience in Media investments - this is non-negotiable. They will:
* Have participated in end to end investment processes within the Media industry
* Have a prior background in investment banking/ consulting or equivalent
* Have experience in strategic transformation and strong asset management of Media assets
* Be an excellent communicator - Arabic would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite
* Have the minimum of a Bachelor's degree, and ideally a Master's Degree and/ or MBA
* Be passionate about the media industry and motivated by the client's appetite to invest
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.