Job description / Role
Please note that
KOTRA Dubai DOESN'T ACCEPT TELEPHONE INQUIRIES.
Investment & Startups Manager (Korea Government-funded Promotion Agency in Dubai)
Kotra stands for ‘Korea trade-investment promotion agency’. We promote Korean SMEs and Startups to penetrate UAE & GCC market. We hold business delegations and exhibitions to allure local buyers and investors. We also share job opportunities from here to Koreans.
Investment & Startups team specifically promotes local investors who are interested in starting a business in Korea and Korean startups who wants to expand their business here. We manage investors and local network to connect Korean startups and help them onboarding UAE startup ecosystem. We hold delegation, pitch day and networking meetings here in Dubai and Korea.
The key purpose of the Investment Manager role is to be responsible for developing and managing investment opportunities and connecting Korean startups and SMEs to meet investors through on/offline meetings. The one will also vibrantly network with investors and report networking, investment promotional meetings to meet the performance index. This role reports to senior manager.
* Plays key role in investment activities by providing analytic support, project management, presentations, communication and recommendations for deal making.
* Provides investors with consultation about the geographic selection, the industry, the type of investment, and their capital that would be invested within 5 years and help them with preparing investment documents behalf of our branch based on high understanding about investment process, geographical benefits, governmental policy and regulations within Korea and UAE.
* Manages target investors within relevant segments
* Propose investment strategies & implementation plans.
* Attend networking sessions and events to broad our branch’s network around 1~2 times per month (overtime may apply) and report meeting result with business cards.
* Consults each of Korean startups based on thorough study about their technology and connects them with UAE and GCC based investors via on/offline meetings.
* Supports Korean startups with their business meetings case by case when they are on a business trip to UAE and investors when they visit Korea as well (if so, overtime duties may apply and will be rewarded with vacations).
* University degree in Economics, Finance, Investment or a related discipline is preferred
* Very fluent in both Korean and English, with preference to Arabic speaking candidates
* 5 years+ experience within Investment, Startup business or similar.
* High knowledge in Venture capital & start-ups.
* Excellent project appraisal, investment project managing skills.
* Strong understanding of and experienced in promoting Korean technology & startup ecosystem.
* Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
* High level of discipline and integrity with positive attitude and ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Ability to plan and prioritize effectively: strong project / process management skills.
* Ability to develop and broad strong relationships with people at all levels.
* Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and presentation.
* Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential
About the Company
Since its establishment in 1962 as part of the Koreas first 5-year Economic Plan, KOTRA has been dedicated to creating new export markets and increasing Koreas trade value, which reached $1 trillion in 2011. In the late 1990s, the agency helped Korea overcome the Financial Crisis by starting its foreign direct investment promotion division. And in the last half century, KOTRA has played a significant role in supporting Korean companies expanding overseas.
Today, the world economy is more volatile than ever due to the European financial crisis, China's hindered economic growth, upcoming elections in 15 countries and security issues in the Middle East. In preparation for a rapidly changing market environment, and using Koreas expansive FTA network, KOTRA is focusing on the globalization of small and medium sized enterprises(SMEs), the backbone of the Korean economy, by providing them with customized support related to global business establishment and export.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Finance