Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity with a global law firm based in Dubai, UAE!
We have just been instructed on a role by a top tier global law firm , with offices across the GCC, who have asked us to help them find an Intellectual Property Lawyer to ideally cover a range of contentious and non-contentious IP matters at their Dubai office. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge of local and international practices along with great exposure to the Middle East culture.
Themain responsibilities will involve:
• Advising on the protection, registration (excluding prosecution) and licensing of patents, copyright and trademarks, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts including IP licences.
• Advising clients on the identification and ability to protect the full spectrum of IP rights, including knowledge of the registration process. The role will not involve any IP prosecution capability.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating stand-alone IP agreements including IP licences and franchise agreements.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating IP provisions within a wide range of other commercial agreements in the hospitality, education and projects and construction sectors.
• Supporting M&A and corporate transactions and other wider projects with specialist IP due diligence, research and ancillary contracts.
• Drafting advice to clients on IP legal issues.
• Assisting with the preparation and delivery of proposals, pitches, presentations and legal training materials.
• A PQE level of 2 to 4 years post qualification experience;
• A strong academic background, training and experience gained with a well-recognised firm or business;
• 2:1 (or higher) degree classification (or equivalent). A Science degree or previous Science background would be an advantage;
• Training and experience gained from a large-scale international or regional top tier firm, with an established presence in the IP sector;
• A genuine interest in developing their career with the leading IP practice in the Middle East;
• Good drafting skills with a keen attention to detail;
• Experience in carrying out detailed and methodical legal research using available resources;
• Experience of liaising with and co-ordinating advice from foreign correspondent counsel in the Middle East would be an advantage.
About the Company
Bespoke Professionals was established in the Kingdom of Bahrain in early 2012. We are a specialist legal executive search firm who have placed lawyers and support staff in the leading law firms and multinational companies in the GCC and wider Middle East region.
We work with and place lawyers who specialize in the following sectors: Corporate, Commercial, Banking & Finance, Real Estate, Property, Litigation, Arbitration, TMT, IP, Shipping, Aviation, Construction, Construction Litigation, Energy, Healthcare and Regulation. We also have a dedicated legal support desk, who help recruit support professionals into private practice. Examples include: Receptionists, PA's, Executive Secretaries, Accountants, Financial Controllers, IT, Office Managers, HR, Operations Managers and Chief Operating Officers.