Job description / Role
• Ensure irrigation water distribution system availability; quantities & quality in conjunction with other stakeholders.
• Provide effective management of the SCADA systems at Pumping Stations.
• Oversee/authorize third parties permit to work, excavation and NOCs.
• Maintain an effective management of the Settlement Information System.
• Collect and Report Field Performance as part of applicable reporting requirements.
• Provides technical expertise to subordinates on operation, installation, new equipment upon receiving catalogs from suppliers.
• Ensures that emergency situations are attended to appropriately and timely. Investigates reason of breakdown/faults/emergency and strives to minimize repetition as well as commonly occurring problems.
• Attends commissioning of new plants to provide technical input to the contract process and coordinate site activities and contractors performance to ensure they comply with company standards.
• Performs project management and administration of contractor and in-house capital improvement and other special projects; meets and confers with contractors, engineers, developers, architects, and a variety of outside agencies on development issues and acquiring information.
• Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, standards and priorities within the Department.
• Serves as subject matter expert in the Irrigation Water System for system hydraulic modeling and updating Infrastructure Master Plans.
• Supervises the preparation and maintenance of Recycling System records, plans, maps, files and related materials.
• Preparation of all related reports as part of Regulatory Reporting requirements.
• Prepares daily and monthly reports providing information such as work undertaken and accomplished including, type of works, location, emergency situations and manpower and material used
• 6+ years Irrigation Operations experience, ideally within the UAE
• Experience in managing SCADA systems
• Contracting experience
• Bachelor degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• Preference for candidates who are currently based in the UAE
About the Company
At Cooper Fitch, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We provide recruitment, executive search and human resources advisory services to thousands of clients across the Middle East, we have been delivering services in the region since 1997. Our team is your team, we firmly believe in delivering first class committed search services. It is our mission to help build the best talent in the market. Our services are tailored to your every need, we have spent nearly twenty years developing an extensive database of top tier talent in the region. We also aim to help you protect and retain your people with our world-class assessment, testing and advisory facilities. We provide both valuable market updates and compensation and benefits analysis to complete the full spectrum of human resources services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Site Project Engineer
Sina Electro Mechanical Contracting Establishment (SEMCOE)
|Abu Dhabi||12 Feb|
Estimator & Technical Support
Alumil Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||13 Feb|
Resident Engineer - Roads