Job description / Role
Dubai British School is a thriving British international school, located in the Jumeirah Islands area of Dubai. A Taaleem school, DBSJP offers high quality education to over a thousand students aged 5 to 18.
The school is unique in many ways; it has been designed to the highest specifications with the 21st century learning needs of students in mind. The facilities are second to none and include a state-of-the-art performing arts theatre; radio station; large, light and airy classrooms; a competition indoor 8-lane swimming pool with training pool; large sports field with tennis courts, shaded outdoor learning spaces, innovation lab and food technology room.
The quality of the building and facilities are matched by the quality and experience of the staff, all appointed to support the school’s vision of providing outstanding education from Year 1 to Year 13.
Our multi-cultural environment offers an exceptional combination of the best of a well-rounded British education delivered within a truly international community, enriched by a variety of cultures that characterise our increasingly connected world.
In the pursuit of the highest academic standards, we provide a caring and supportive atmosphere, which allows children to thrive academically, socially and emotionally with each individual talent being nurtured and celebrated.
We currently have an opportunity available, within Dubai British School Jumeirah Park, for an experienced candidate to take up the position of iSAMS and Data Manager.
Manage and maintain the smooth operation of the school information system (iSAMS) while providing effective management of student performance data and reporting systems.
- Manage and maintain the School Information System (iSAMS)
- Manage and maintain the Primary School Assessment and Tracking system (Classroom Monitor)
- Prepare and manage academic year start and end processes
- Assist the setup and maintenance of the School Timetable in iSAMS
- Setup and maintain new iSAMS modules
- Setup and manage user accounts and permissions
- Monitor user access and security
- Provide support to system users for general tasks
- Assist with reporting processes
- Import Assessment data (e.g., CAT4, GL Progress Test and internal assessment data)
- Provide Data Reports including reports on predicted grades
- Support the Identification of underachieving students and target setting
- Liaise with and brief senior and middle leaders on the interpretation and implication of data
- Support other IT related activity as necessary
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
Taaleem provides excellent, high quality purpose built accommodation for teaching staff equipped with gym, pool and all amenities. We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Dubai.
Closing date for applications is 30 December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will take up their position in January 2022.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- In-depth knowledge and successful track record of working with an education MIS system and managing student attainment data is essential.
- Previous experience of using iSAMS and Classroom Monitor would be an advantage.
- An understanding of and/or experience of working both Primary and Secondary educational organisation is highly desirable.
- Proficient user of Excel and other databases. Be able to analyse and present attainment and progress data accurately
- A sound knowledge of the British education assessment requirements and curriculum
- Knowledge of the data requirements as part of school inspection
- Exhibit exemplary written and spoken English
- Demonstrate competence in computer technical skills using Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and other related programs and software for educational and business office use
- Hold excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to work flexibly, and able to work under pressure at busy times of the year
- Demonstrate skills in forward thinking and being able to anticipate and prioritise work
About the Company
Taaleem's main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.