Job description / Role
Your role as a Senior in IT Audit, will perform a variety of assurance and testing work for a portfolio of diversified clients in different industries. Given the many opportunities to work with different engagement teams and managers, you learn to collaborate very fast. As you progress, we train and assign you to different aspects of the engagement.
During your tenure as a Senior in IT Audit, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Perform business process understanding along with financial audit teams to identify scope for IT Audit procedures such as test of automated control, data analysis and other audit procedures to address financial audit risks.
- Prepare and communicate IT Audit Plan, budget and timelines to the IT Audit Manager.
- Perform fieldwork and audit procedures such as IT risk assessment, test of automated / application controls, test of general IT Controls, interface controls and test of system-generated reports, risk mitigation procedures and reporting preparation.
- Identify and evaluate IT risks and impacts associated with identified issues
- Communicate engagement issues and findings to senior management and client personnel
- Prepare written reports on findings and recommendations from engagement work
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with client personnel
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and border to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities
To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- BS in Computer Science, Business Computer or Management Information Systems
- CISA or other relevant certification is a plus.
- 4+ years of related experience within professional services, IT External audit or IT Internal Audit in Financial Services Industry - Banking is a must
- Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments in Financial Services Industry
- Ability to plan and manage fieldwork along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Experience in testing general IT controls of applications, operating systems, and databases; testing of system generated reports
- Proficient in understanding Retail Banking business processes, identifying and testing of automated application controls
- Ability to perform risk mitigation procedures, which include identifying and testing mitigating controls, compensating controls etc.
- Articulate, well-spoken, team player and passionate about delivering tangible outcomes.
- Willing to work hours as needed to meet client deadlines and firm needs.
- Strong proficiency in basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to conduct extensive research.
Deloitte in the UAE is part of Deloitte & Touche (M.E.). Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL)
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity