Job description / Role
• Provides wide range of complex office administration and support to the Director of ICT & IT Security.
• Organize and coordinate the Director of ICT & IT Security’s daily calendar—scheduling all appointments, coordinating logistics for engagements and handling event invitations on behalf of the Director.
• Manage and arrange travel for Director.
• Respond appropriately and effectively to inquiries via telephone, e-mail and one-to-one meetings.
• Screen telephone calls and attend to walk-in visitors. Serve as the point of contact for the Director.
• Manage the office’s budget and execute requisitions.
• Help with ICT team staff travel and hotel arrangements, including appropriate authorization and reimbursement of expenses.
• Proactively consider needs related to calendar, travel and external engagements.
• Write individualized correspondence and other documents as requested by the Director.
• Support the Director as needed in preparing for internal or external meetings, conducting research and other similar tasks.
• Receive and triage incoming written communications to appropriate staff and facilitate response or action to be carried through by the Director as needed.
• Manage organizational communication, scheduling and logistics for key department events such as Leadership meetings, staff meetings, and managers’ meetings.
• In partnership with Director and members of the ICT leadership team, continually look for ways to evolve and improve operational efficiency of systems and processes impacting staff and office operations.
• Provide event support and planning, including retreats, meetings, staff events. This includes logistical research and planning, day-of support, and invoice/billing management.
• Support other functional areas and members of the organization’s leadership team with special projects as needed. May include projects in HR, Recruiting, Marketing, Development, Finance or Programs.
• Maintain the department electronic and paper-based files and archives.
Qualifications, Experience Required:
• A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail. Strong sense of initiative and a process-improvement mindset.
• Highly flexible, creative problem solver, with a strong ability to multi-task.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Execute and exhibit good judgment. High level of professionalism.
• Superb organizational and time-management skills.
• Excellent computer skills; proficient or advanced skill in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with data management.
• A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected.
• High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and to prioritize own work on multiple projects.
• Four–year degree and/or significant office management experience with:
• A minimum of five years relevant experience in the administrative field
• Strong commitment to the mission and goals of the organization. Aware of and able to navigate diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Any other relevant experience in an academic/higher education environment.
About the Company
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. The university was envisaged by His Highness as a leading educational institution in the Gulf region. Located in University City, Sharjah, AUS is a not-for-profit, independent, institution of higher education formed on the American model.
It offers 26 majors and 45 minors at the undergraduate level, and 14 master's degrees through the College of Architecture, Art and Design; the College of Arts and Sciences; the College of Engineering; and the School of Business Administration. These programs are designed to meet the challenges of a competitive and dynamic business and industrial environment.
As a provider of quality higher education in the Gulf, AUS is licensed and its programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates. AUS is accredited in the United States of America by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.