Job description / Role
IT - Application Support Manager - Dubai, UAE
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support clients core business functions by deploying applications that enable their people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Client Services team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure for our clients, developing and enhancing client applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for clients to drive strategic business growth.
Leading the application support team for business applications across the Middle East region, focusing on availability, support and augmentation of core business applications.
- Lead applications support team in Middle East
- Responsible for availability of Middle East application services, both for Front and back office services
- Ensure business application systems are developed, maintained,
- and supported in order to achieve efficient and effective delivery of services
- Manage application configuration and upgrades, problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, engaging vendors and L3 support teams as required
- Manage application projects providing technical and project management input as required
- Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements
- Manage relationships with vendors and outsourced suppliers for local applications
- Develop procedures and documentation for application support
- Responsible for Application support team SLAs
- Develop and maintain interfaces, export and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required
- System configuration, scripting and user admin according to application needs
- Delivery of management reports on application and system performance
- Support creation of end user training documentation and arrange third party training
- Line manage and develop application support team
- Ensure compliance with information security policy for inscope
- Plan and test disaster recovery plans for inscope applications
- Manage incident queues and lead on problem resolution and escalation
- Partake in Major Incident teams as required
- Responsible for overarching portfolio of applications, release management, outages and upgrades
- Manage testing activities for inscope applications, and responsible for creation of testing plans and UAT sign offs
- Participate in stakeholder SLA reviews 3 of 2
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Fluency in English
- Arabic an advantage
- 8-10 years in an Application Support environment, 2-3 years in a leading role
- Technical Skills
- IT delivery and management tools: JIRA, Azure Dev Ops, Service Now, Share point, Confluence, MS Teams,
- IT Service Support and Management tools: Service Now or similar
- Integration and middleware: Mulesoft, Databases, DWH and SQL: Oracle 11g, Redshift, Snowflake, SQL queries
- Cloud computing services: Azure, GCP, AWS Programming, version control: C++, Oracle PL/SQL, VBA, StarTeam, Subversion, SourceSafe
- Operating systems: MS Windows
- Business Operating Solutions: SAP, Oracle, Workday, Salesforce
- Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder
- relationships across the business both locally and regionally
- Excellent leadership, team building and people management
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and
- decision making skills
- Thorough with an eye for detail
- Passionate about client service
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.