Job description / Role
IT Applications Analyst - Abu Dhabi
Client is a leading financial institution in the UAE are currently seeking an Applications analyst to join their growing team.
The Applications Analyst will play a key role in the implementation and continued development of my clients IT applications and systems. Reporting the Systems Development Manager, the Applications Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the development, administration and configuration of the Finance, HR systems, the corporate Intranet, workflow and reporting systems. He or she is responsible for liaising with internal departments, establishing key business requirements, writing documentation and the implementation and testing of customizations or changes to the software and applications solutions using in-house or 3rd party expertise.
Key responsibilities and duties
* Working with internal team members to gather business requirements and develop requirements specification documents.
* Installation, configuration, monitoring and on-going maintenance to ensure web services and programs function securely and efficiently.
* Provide technical support and for application related issues.
* Administer users, security and the configuration of applications and systems
* Work closely with systems development manager to interpret organizational requirements and ensure solutions delivered meet these requirements.
* Develop and maintain the organization's intranet - ensure that is easy to use, visually appealing, relevant and up to date. Implementing Intranet solutions in accordance with the organization's standards and technical requirements.
* Execution of system testing, defining testing scripts and administering of the user acceptance testing process
* Hands on development of the Intranet, workflow and reports where necessary
* Assist in developing all IT policies and procedures in relation to the applications/systems
* Consult with management and staff on procedures and process flows.
* Write user guides and explain systems or applications functions
* Evaluate software, applications and systems.
* Promote digital ways of working and online collaboration
* Provide support for key departmental deliveries and initiatives, using the intranet as a key channel to deliver information.
* Interact with vendors to understand software limitations.
* Help programmers during system development, ex: provide use cases, flowcharts or even Database design.
* Identify and document system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relate discipline.
* Project Management accreditation beneficial
Background and experience
* 5+ years IT experience in a similar position
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of systems or applications administration, business analysis/requirements gathering
* Strong technical background with extensive software design and development experience with Microsoft tools and technologies.
* Practical working experience in private equity or finance organisations
* Technical role in a number of systems implementation and development projects
* Proven experience of intranet technologies, in particular best practice web development and publishing
* Awareness of industry web practices - writing for the web, usability, accessibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* The ability to analyze systems and determine how these systems can meet department or individual staff needs
* Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures
* Knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of applications/system platforms including:
* MS Dynamics GP
* MS SharePointK2 Workflow/Workflow systems
* Reporting Systems - SQL Reporting services, Crystal Reports
* MS Office Suite
* Strong problem solving capabilities, great technical passion with the ability to grasp new technologies quickly
* Good understanding of the software development lifecycle
* Project management experience desirable
* Being able to excel in idea generation, evaluation, and building/developing systems
* A record of successful installation and configuration of software systems as an individual
* A willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues as part of maintaining the skills necessary to assist in the implementation of projects
* An entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to seek out new challenges and lead technology innovation
* Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
* Analytical skills needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend, and implement solutions to systems or applications problems.
* Candidates must be based in Abu Dhabi or be happy to travel or relocate.
Salary and Benefits
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Admin Officer
RTC-1 Employment Services
IT System Administrator
Easy World Automation
IT Help Desk Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jan|
IT Support Technician
IT Helpdesk Engineer
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||28 Jan|