Job description / Role
You will cover routine operational support activities of Applications (SAP + Legacy) and business processes in Dubai. You will support new systems and implementation in Dubai and own the responsibility to organise service delivery (Support, Improvements, etc.) for applications through interaction with Global Service Provider, Vendors, Local IT team. You will achieve your objectives by proactively act and work with all the business functions.
Global FMCG brand rapidly expanding across the middle east
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT and DEVELOPMENT
* Provide quality support and functional expertise to the end-user in Dubai SD/MM/WM/FI/CO/APO/HR areas, being incident/problem escalation point for Service Desk specialists
* Challenge and Verify priority and severity for the support requests, ensuring the proper focus and sequencing of the activities in the functional area
* Proper classification of coming requests with clear results communication to the business
* Root cause identification for the problems/incidents, ownership of resolution process involving specialists where needed
* Responsible for timely updates and solutions to incidents ensuring Service Level Agreements are met
* Maintain action log for the opened issues in the area of responsibility, agree and communicate to the business clear due dates and plan for resolution
* Participate in regular meetings with specialists, prioritise the requests appropriately according to the business needs, collect status updates on development progress and testing, ensure follow-up of agreed actions
* Analyse the current landscape and recommend the future enhancements
* Document and support local development objects, customisation.
* Ensure compliance of new changes to the current functionality
* Knowledge sharing
* Performing on-demand technical system and application data analysis for SAP/Legacy systems
* Act as single point of contact in case of Urgent/Business-critical issues in MM/SD/WM /FI/CO/APO/HR areas
* Provision of technical and user documentation for system procedures/business processes
* Reporting Project statuses and Support/Maintenance activities to IT Manager and Business stakeholders
* Re-enforce a team culture of excellent customer service with an emphasis on consistent communication with the business
CHANGE and PROJECT MANAGEMENT
* Providing knowledgeable support to the business initiatives in MM/SD/WM/FI/CO/APO/HR areas according to the best practice existing in the area
* Facilitate requirements definition with business, perform analysis proposing possible alternatives in terms of possible impact and cost/benefit
* Functional/technical specification design and validation for ongoing projects/changes
* Preparing the test-plan and conducting technical and business-integration tests with further sign-off
* Ensuring solution compliance with local regulations, audit requirements, legal standards
* Coordination of Local and group IT initiatives in functional area in Dubai with engagement of Key Users
* Own change management in the area of responsibility
* Delivering training and documentation on implemented solutions/functionality to the end-users
* Collecting demand for improvements, defining possible solutions and delivery method
Highly competitive salary package plus genuine chance for career progression on offer for the right candidate
* Experience working with key operational processes typical to FMCG companies (in areas of Sales & Distribution, Supply Chain, Finance, e.t.c.).
* Proven track record of knowledge of market solutions within mentioned areas.
* Proven track record of excellent technical knowledge of SAP ERP solution (ECC 6.0), with focus on SD/MM/WM/FI/CO areas.
* Good knowledge/understanding of main processes and functionalities of SAP HRE and SAP APO
* Technical knowledge in areas of ALE/EDI, SAP BW, MS SQL, Sales Force Automation solutions, Qlick
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Baddad Capital
IT Project Specialist - IT Project Support - IT Project Management – Banking
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
SAP Project Manager
IT Director - Logistics / FMCG Business