Job description / Role
As the IT Assistant, you will be responsible to provide fast and useful technical assistance on the organisation's computer systems.
An exciting international organisation in the UAE investing heavily in technology and talent.
* Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
* Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
* Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
* Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
* Provide assistance with IT products or services being incorporated within the organisation.
* Record IT troubleshooting service logs and resolution.
* Follow-up and update IT assistance as requested status and information.
* Pass on any feedback or suggestions by systems/software end user to the appropriate internal team.
* Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
* Progressive role within an established, growing organisation.
* Opportunity to work on exciting projects and lead the way for growing a newly established IT function.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related disciplines.
* Must only have between 3-5 years of overall IT support experience with strong background in troubleshooting and repair issues.
* Must have strong experience in Windows, Linux, and database (IBM Informix is preferred, but can have experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL, or Oracle Database)
* Good knowledge in R/S and strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration.
* Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
* Must be open to working a five day week in the short term, with the aim to return to a five day week soon.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.