Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
The IT Business Analyst - Finance is responsible for enabling, guiding and defining processes in this domain, with special focus on technology related initiatives. The job holder will play a key role in conceptualizing technologies and business processes to benefit Brand and the consumer experience in Chalhoub Group stores across the GCC.
You will formulate and define the business and system requirements for new IT projects and system enhancements to meet company needs. The job holder will coordinate a team of internal and external developers, consultants, specialists, business partners, to create a system design and implementation plan, then follow up to ensure that the implementation is as per the business needs and timeline. The Analyst also maintains and revises existing system logic and documentation.
Business Analysis and System Design
- Translate the business requirements into project specifications.
- Support the functional stream and help driving finance related projects.
- Interact with business leads to gather finance requirements - collaborate with the technical development team on solution design, test, re-work and signoff, and work with business leads to implement the solution developed.
- Show initiative and creativity in developing innovative solutions or processes to advise business users.
- Provide solution inputs, design & document the overall solution including Blueprint, Functional Designs, Process Workbooks and Configuration documents including any other project related deliverables.
- Plan, implement, test and troubleshoot enhancements of current solutions or new software systems in line with the industry best practices.
- Manage business user trainings and solution adoption.
- Manage post go live support for defined solutions and ensure smooth transition to the operations team for business as usual support.
- Identify opportunities for improvement via detailed analysis and understanding of overall business and systems structure, whilst maintaining the integrity of a single 'Group' solution
- Assess new solutions, lead on solution assessment based on business needs.
- Work the effort estimates for all finance solutions.
- Communicate effectively with peers, managers, internal customers, vendors, consultants, and teammates.
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed.
- Minimum 5 years or relevant experience
- Holder of Finance professional qualification (ACA, CFA, CPA or similar) is a plus
- Prior experiences in Oracle EBS Finance implementation such as AP, AR, FA, CM, GL, iExpenses with some experience in Purchasing, iProcurement, Order management, shipping and Inventory is an added advantage (min 1 end to end cycles of EBS is a real plus)
- Need to have good understanding of finance module interfaces between other systems/modules.
- Possess business acumen with in depth understanding of financial business operation flows
- Capable to troubleshoot and provide quality on problems resolution
- Be able to cope with multi-tasking assignment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understating of Retail domain concepts is a plus
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.