Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
The job holder of this position is responsible for formulating and defining the business and system requirements for new IT projects and system enhancements to meet company needs. The job holder will coordinate a team of internal and external developers, consultants, specialists, business partners, to create a system design and implementation plan, then follow up to ensure that the implementation is as per the business needs and timeline. The Analyst also maintains and revises existing system logic and documentation.
What you'll be doing:
- Organizational: Follow all relevant IT policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Operational: Implement activities under close supervision
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
Business Needs Analysis and Systems Design:
- Understand deeply the business function being supported (Distribution, Logistics)
- Some experience on any Warehouse Management systems is a plus
- Understand the other business functions will be an advantage (Retail, Corporate services, CRM, e-commerce)
- Translate requirements into new information technology project specifications
- Prepare assigned functional documents including Blue print, Functional Designs, Process Workbooks and Configuration documents, and ensure on-going maintenance of those documents throughout the project cycle
- Review, analyze, and document existing systems and procedures
- Plan, implement, test and troubleshoot enhancements of current solutions or new software systems
- Identify opportunities for improvement via detailed analysis and understanding of overall business and systems structure, whilst maintaining the integrity of a single 'Group' solution
- Assess new solution, lead on solution assessment based on business needs
- Communicate effectively with peers, managers, internal customers, vendors, consultants, and teammates
Users Support and Documentation:
- Train users to work with computer systems and programs
- Support user during post go live phase, and ensure the transition to operations team
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Be a Team Player
- Have excellent Communication
- Be Customer Oriented
- Be Flexible
- Think like an Entrepreneur
- University Degree in Computer Applications or any relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with at least 1 year in a similar role
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.