Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
The "IT Business Analyst - Store Operations" is responsible for enabling, guiding and defining processes in this domain, with special focus on technology related initiatives. You will play a key role in conceptualizing technologies and business processes to benefit store associates and the consumer experience in Chalhoub Group stores across the GCC.
You will formulate and define the business and system requirements for new IT projects and system enhancements to meet company needs. You will coordinate a team of internal and external developers, consultants, specialists, business partners, to create a system design and implementation plan, then follow up to ensure that the implementation is as per the business needs and timeline. You also maintain and revise existing system logic and documentation.
What you'll be doing:
Business Needs Analysis and Systems Design:
- Understand the business function being supported - Store Operations
- Translate requirements into new information technology project specifications
- Prepare assigned functional documents including Blueprint, Functional Designs, Process Workbooks and Configuration documents, and ensure on-going maintenance of those documents throughout the project cycle
- Review, analyze, and document existing systems and procedures
- Plan, implement, test and troubleshoot enhancements of current solutions or new software systems
- Identify opportunities for improvement via detailed analysis and understanding of overall business and systems structure, whilst maintaining the integrity of a single 'Group' solution
- Assess new solution, lead on solution assessment based on business needs
- Communicate effectively with peers, managers, internal customers, vendors, consultants, and teammates
Users Support and Documentation:
- Train users to work with computer systems and programs
- Support users during post go live phase, and ensure the transition to operations team
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you need to succeed in the role:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience is required working in XStore implementations, with exposure and onsite presence during Rollout phases; the candidate should also possess experience handling Promotions and Payments in XStore and respective integration, plus familiarity with Store Closing and Store Opening scenarios
- Previous experience with other POS solutions will be a plus.
- Good XStore architecture and integration knowledge;
- Technical expertise with EFTLink and Broadcast features of XStore will be a plus
- Knowledge of the retail industry, including store systems technology and store process best practices
- Familiarity with IT methodologies, procedures, computer software and hardware systems
- Effective presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills (with vendors, contractors, and others)
- Sound problem solving skills and attitude
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.