Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
We are looking to grow our team with a committed person who will take responsibility and champion our Change and Release processes, monitor process effectiveness, adoption, and make recommendations for improvement. This individual will play a key role in enabling an agile product lifecycle whilst helping to improve operational service quality standards across the region.
The Change and Release Manager will proactively manage the day to day operation, liaising with their PwC Global counterparts and managed service providers to ensure that ME Technology is fulfilling it's obligations. In parallel, this individual will take a leading role in driving ME requirements, working with the ME Tech Leads to understand their needs, unblock any obstacles and propose enhancements across process and tooling.
The Change and Release Manager will take ownership and be accountable for both processes across the PwC ME region, ensuring;
- Processes, KPIs and Reporting are fit for purpose
- Roadmaps and maturity plans are in place to enhance and evolve the processes and tooling
- Stakeholders are bought-in to the process, strategy and plans
- Technology Services is compliant with Global Change and Release process & policy
- Technology Services teams understand their roles and requirements and are held to account
- The Governance structure is appropriate and tailored to ME working practices
- Seamless implementation of changes and system releases through strong release planning, change coordination, system and user acceptance testing, release and deployment management in order to assert that a product or service is robust and capable of being released into the live environment without causing a disruption to service.
- All requests proposing change to established and supported platforms are evaluated, analysed and potential risks or issues are documented.
- Liaise with business and 3rd party vendors to capture and analyse requested changes including the actions that will be taken to mitigate the risks identified.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Change & Release Management, with practical experience in assessing, analysing, developing, documenting and implementing change processes and procedures
- Experience working with a variety of Change governance frameworks and enhancing these to fit to organisational culture with emphasis on proven ability to mentor/coach individuals as part of overall organisational development process
- Technical background in information technology management is desirable, with strong process knowledge of systems development lifecycles, programme and project management
- IT development processes and delivery lifecycles, including all aspects of technical and business testing
- Proven experience managing stakeholders and leading small to medium sized teams to deliver to common goals
- Practical experience of ServiceNow ITSM modules, reporting and dashboards
- ITIL V3 Foundation or Higher
- University Degree educated or equivalent
- Relevant Project, Release or Change Qualification
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar role.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.