Job description / Role
The IT Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day operations of IT of the hotel. He/she performs both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of the IT systems. He/she acts as the direct link between the hotel employees and guests for any IT related issues and works closely with the IT Cluster Director and Coordinator.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform IT maintenance activities on a monthly basis.
- Attend all IT requests with guests and colleagues in a timely manner
- Follow all Accor IT Policies and guidelines such as user rights, security policy, backup policy, preventive maintenance, contingency plan etc.
- Assist with implementation of Accor IT brand standards, new technologies, systems and projects.
- Identify IT related risks and issues and escalate them to hotel management and IT Cluster Director.
- Escalate IT issues to IT Cluster Director.
- Review monthly IT P&L with IT Cluster Director and identify possible cost optimization plans for the hotel.
- Review SLAs for systems and services, in consultation with the IT Cluster Director, at least yearly.
- Manage day-to-day IT operations and ensure smooth running of all computer systems in the hotel for users and guests.
- Provide technical support and training on systems and networks.
- Participate in Accor regional eLearning platform. Personal Development
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and on how IT can help to improve operational efficiencies, enhance revenue and optimise the cost of doing business.
- Enroll in Accor regional eLearning platform and upskill regularly.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Should have pleasing personality
- IT degree/education
- Experience in a hotel as IT Agent/Clerk is preferred
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer - L1, L2 L3
IT Assistant (Retail)
Black Pearl Consult
A Leading Healthcare Entity In The UAE
RTC-1 Employment Services
Service Desk Engineer