Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
An excellent career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, IT Department as IT Coordinator Park Support. In this role you are responsible to deliver excellent IT support and service delivery to Motiongate Park. You are responsible to maintain IT systems and networks and to execute technical and administrative tasks and maintain the computers and networking systems working to their maximum capacity with greatest efficiency.
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Delivering IT support services to all business operations such as Park Operation, Retail, F&B business and end users
- Act as link between end users and higher level support
- Able to trouble shoot systems, network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Ensure all incidents and requests are recorded in Service Desk and actioned upon quickly
- Manage daily support issues on site, and escalating to proper channels as and when necessary
- Deploy & maintain IT equipment and software on site across the park
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
- Oversee, track and measure system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Design, plan and execute training on the use of systems and networks
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain park standards and functionality
- Support the park in various operation roles during busy days
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the management team
- Minimum a Diploma in Information Technology /Computer Science and/or relevant field
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCSDT)
- Minimum 2-3 years of IT support role experiences in hospitality industries such as Parks, F&B, Retail operations or hotels
- Previous experience in handling Point of Sales ("POS"), other retail or F&B systems
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Able to communicate with business users at all levels.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in software problem or technical issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer hardware & software concepts.
- Able to work in an outdoor, fast pace and dynamic hospitality environment.
- Work on a rotating shift including weekends and public holidays
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ etc.) is a plus
- Minimum 5+ years of IT support role experiences in Theme Park, F&B, Retail operations
- Previous experience in handling different park systems (i.e. Point of Sales ("POS"), VGS System, Omnico System, Digital Signage, ERP Support, NI Payment Gateways, Turnstile Support, Rides System Support)
- Excellent skills in excels and power points
- Strong understanding of hospitality IT support and services
- Have involved in pre-opening of attractions/parks, Rides, F&B and Retail operations or hotels
- Have some support experience in supporting ticketing system & turnstiles.
- Able and quick learner to learn about the retail, ticketing and F&B business processes.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
IT Support Engineer
IT Park Support
Dubai Parks and Resorts
In House IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services