Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the maintenance service including specifying procedures, parts, labour and the control of specialist service delivery partners. Once tasks are completed, audit to ensure that workmanship is to the required standards.
To supervise team/s of Technician or Technical Assistants (Electrical, ELV, General Trades, HVAC or Mechanical).
- Provide technical support to the contract/project on all associated equipment and systems.
- Be responsible for the delivery of all planned and reactive tasks in accordance with the Service Level Specification requirements.
- Support the Maintenance activities of the department/team by providing specialist engineering knowledge and advice, associated with the full range of building services equipment.
- Prepare and provide daily and monthly management reports and shift handover reports in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of policies, procedures and protocols for the maintenance and repair services (including Permit to Work System and Emergency Procedures).
- Carry out risk assessments and develop Method Statements to ensure all tasks are carried out safely so as not to harm people, equipment or property in conjunction with the Management and Procurement.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Proven experience in managing maintenance team/s.
- Technically competent with a clear knowledge and experience of building services system, life safety and buildings controls systems
- 3 years' minimum experience working in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization.
- Must hold a degree in building services High Voltage Electrical, Low Voltage Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or recognized trade qualifications in building services maintenance or a high level of equivalent experience in a previous post.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.