Job description / Role
The successful candidate will own the following responsibilities:
- Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support to ensure the smooth functioning of the team. This includes monitoring ‘BDO-IT Security’ mailbox and responding on time to the requests, ensuring processing of vendor LPO’s on-time, and maintaining IT Asset inventory, amongst others.
- Document Management: Create, maintain, and organize IT Policies. Ensure documents are properly stored and easily accessible. Assist in the development and implementation of document control procedures.
- Meeting Coordination: Schedule and coordinate IT or IT Security meetings, conferences, and appointments. Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes of meetings, and distribute them to relevant parties.
- Configuration Management Database: Enter and update data in CMDB on a timely basis. Ensure data accuracy and integrity. Generate reports and perform data analysis as required.
- Communication Management: Assist in managing internal and external communications, ensuring transparency through the maintenance of email and document records. Maintain contact lists and distribute communication to respective parties.
- Facilities Management: Coordinate with relevant vendors and service providers for office maintenance and repairs. Monitor and order IT office supplies and IT equipment as needed.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate records of IT financial transactions, invoices, and expenses. Assist in preparing financial reports and budgeting activities.
- Confidentiality and Security: Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and ensure compliance with IT and data protection policies. Monitor office security and implement appropriate measures to safeguard IT assets and digital assets.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments and team members to support organizational initiatives and IT projects. Provide administrative assistance and contribute to team efforts when required.
- IT access provisioning: Manage the provisioning of IT access for new employees by coordinating with the outsourced IT management team. Ensure that systems and access are arranged in a timely manner, typically before the first day of the new employee.
- IT access de-provisioning: Coordinate with the outsourced IT management team to effectively remove IT access for departing employees. Ensure that IT accesses are promptly revoked, usually on the employee's last working day.
- Phishing simulation test: Support the manager in preparing for phishing simulation tests.
- Cybersecurity Awareness trainings: Provide assistance to the manager in planning and preparing training content for regular cybersecurity awareness sessions.
- Coordinating and reviewing monthly IT reports required for record keeping and decision making.
- Support Head of IT in managing the overall operational requirements of the department.
- Bachelor’s or Post graduation degree in computers from an accredited University.
- Familiarity with fundamental information security standards is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and commercial acumen.
- Keen to listen, understand and implement creative ideas with the help of available resources.
- Competency in MS Office (esp. MS Excel).
About the Company
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.
IT Support Specialist
RTC-1 Employment Services
IT Support Engineer with Network Experience
Future Focus Infotech
B7 Search & Selection
Excelsior Group ME