Job description / Role
We are looking for a new technical (AV & virtual collaboration) event support person to assist in elevating the digital aspect of physical and virtual meetings and workshops. The role will be based in the PwC experience center (EC) - our new, world class, collaboration space.
The perfect candidate for this role would be passionate about bringing the latest and most impactful technology solutions to improve the overall virtual collaboration and experiences across all workshops occuring in the experience center (EC). You will need to leverage your technical knowledge, business and digital acumen to enhance virtual meetings and workshops. We are looking for a tech and event design focused individual with a strong understanding of technical equipment (ex. MacO, networking, AV/TV equipment) as well as extensive experience in virtual collaboration tools. Your role will include innovating using existing technology to create seamless virtual and physical experiences, as well as looking into the market to bring new forms of tech into PwC EC.
The role requires flexible working patterns - due to the nature of the work (events) the candidate will sometimes need to work outside of normal business hours.
• High level administrative, organisational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure during live events (i.e regional broadcasts & livestreams)
• Collaborative and supportive approach to working with others (must be a strong communicator)
• Experience of collaboration tools (ex. G-Suite, Zoom, webex, Surface hubs, others)
• Basic presentation skills (E.g. the ability to create PowerPoint presentations, canvases and templates).
• Proficiency in the use of multimedia and innovative concepts to develop engaging and high quality digital/physical experiences
• Production skills that could include graphic design, script-writing, camera operation, TV production, video and photo editing, and sound engineering
• Take a leading role in creating innovative collaboration solutions through technology
• Support in the assessment, planning, and design of virtual experiences across all meetings and workshops occuring in the EC
• Leverage and research new virtual collaboration tools and platforms (e.g. G-Suite, Mural, Miro, Menti, Zoom, WebEx etc.) to create interactive digital experiences.
• Lead communication with clients and internal teams to understand their digital capabilities and technical needs across engagements
• Understand, administer and maintain the AV equipment and AV infrastructure within the Experience Centre.
• Run regular L&D sessions to upskill the team on existing and new tech (including creating guides for the tech in the space)
• Ensure all the team's technology is operational day to day, allowing the team to work efficiently
• Work with ME IT team to procure new technology items where required
• Catalog and manage all tech assets in the space and make sure that the team is aware of what technology is available for them to use and what technology is fit for what purpose.
• AV Knowledge (cameras, mics, screen set-up)
• IT equipment setup and deployment
• MacOS and Macbook hardware/ Windows10 software and Windows hardware/ iOS/Android, iPhone hardware
• Office365 and Microsoft Office suite
• Networking hardware and software
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.