Job description / Role
The position will require the individual to answer technical questions and accurately record a detailed description of the problem at hand. The Helpdesk Agent will also be responsible for tracking the incident from creation until completion to ensure that the incident has been resolved correctly. In the case that the Help Desk Agent is not able to provide a solution to the problem, she/he will be required to escalate it to the proper group or organization. IT Help Desk Specialist is responsible for Customer Satisfaction through the effective handling of incidents. This opportunity gives an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment coupled with training and substantial growth potential. The environment is a 24X7 challenging environment with many opportunities to support the customer.
- The Help Desk Agent will provide telephone support for the University functions such as Information system in a volatile education and research environment.
- Receiving, classifying, registering, monitoring, prioritizing, escalating and following up as a first point of contact on requests for technical assistance from users.
- Provide users with first-level support and advice on standard requests Solving minor technical hardware and software issues
- Assisting to the preparation, deployment, maintenance and change of hardware and software in accordance with existing procedures.
- Assisting in the creation and management of user accounts and access permissions in accordance with existing procedures.
- Monitoring availability of services and following up on events reported by the monitoring system.
- In depth customer management to increases customer satisfaction.
- Assist with desktop operating systems, Email, MS Office, many different purpose hardware, and Remote Access.
- Assess and solve difficult remote site issues over the telephone & Live Chat
- Provide quick and accurate answers to the user community in regards to system, escalation and correct documentation related problems/requests.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical teams.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Work on shift basis within helpdesk working hour and able to work for extended hours if required.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in IT related field
- Should have at least current 1 years of experience providing telephone and remote technical support
- At least 1 year of experience using incident tracking software or ITSM Systems such as Mange Engine, Service Now, etc.
- At least 1 year of experience in a high call volume environment
- At least 1 year of experience handling concurrent or multiple tasks efficiently
- Good balance between customer service, technical skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- The ability to exercise appropriate judgment when assessing the needs of the client
- Ability to determine the resolution best suited for each situation
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Productivity tools
- Basic understanding of customer Access, Applications, Customer Service, Desktop, network.
- Ability and willingness to work in a demanding organization
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology
- Typing skills of 50-60 WPM (preferred)
- Aggressive learner, soft personal attitude, service organization intellectual capability and team/collaborative mentality are none negotiable requirements.
- Strong analytical ability to resolve complex issues in addition to effective communication.
- Ability to work both independently (with minimal supervision) as well as part of a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability in meeting end user requirements and in providing high quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own schedule.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.