Job description / Role
Provides advanced system configuration administrative functions for the Enterprise IT infrastructure, including monitoring and tuning as well as resolving service incidents. Responsible for the design, installation and integration of IT Infrastructure throughout the Enterprise (Network Convergence, routers, switches, IPTelephony, etc). May provide supplemental support in designing and implementing Enterprise-wide strategic infrastructure solutions.
Provides operational support for small to medium-sized IT Infrastructure projects and systems for Parsons, individual projects and GBUs. Executes the technical aspects of moderately complex and small infrastructure projects from concept and scoping through design and implementation; validates the delivered system to ensure that the project adheres to technical and quality standards. Evaluates systems currently in use to assess their effectiveness, to determine how well the infrastructure elements are meeting current and projected business needs and to recommend efficiencies, upgrades and modifications that will improve system use.
• Identifies scope, budget, resources and design necessary to install and integrate moderately complex IT Infrastructure, to include networking, cabling, telephony and virtualization.
• Develops technical solution designs and documents technical specifications.
• Provides ongoing system configuration administrative support to infrastructure systems.
• Monitors system operation, assessing current performance, response time and other measures.
• Regularly adjusts settings and operational elements to maintain optimum system responsiveness and performance.
• Identifies and resolves service incidents, issues, questions and problems with all elements of the infrastructure system.
• Provides input to IS strategic plans by giving recommendations to IS management and provides support in implementing specific infrastructure aspects of that strategic plan.
• Maintains an understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies, processes, methodologies and best practices.
• May apply this knowledge to recommend modifications, efficiencies, upgrades and enhancements for small to medium-sized infrastructure elements in order to optimize system use, to maintain the current level of functionality and to assure that the infrastructure continues to support Parsons business goals and objectives.
• Designs advanced system infrastructure configurations in response to identified needs and plans, identifying system options, risks and costs for the proposed configuration and options.
• May work with vendors, suppliers or contractors to install and implement
• 4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 6- 8 years of diversified experience working in more than one area of infrastructure technology (network, IPTelephony, Firewalls, Acceleration devices).
• Experience maintaining one or more infrastructure elements for a large global enterprise.
• Experience working as a member of a diverse, geographically based team involved in project delivery from concept, scoping, design through to implementation.
• Individuals with a 2-year degree and an additional 3 years of relevant experience can be considered.
• Those candidates without a degree will be required to have an additional 5 years of relevant experience for consideration.
• Cisco Associate Certifications (CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security, etc).
• RCDD (preferred).
• Problem identification, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Understanding of Infrastructure components and protocols and how they fit into an enterprise architecture, including network, TCP/IP protocols, Wintel, IBM AIX and IBM System i servers, various enterprise operating systems, virtualization, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Active Directory, databases, infrastructure enabling protocols and various network/application protocols.
• Knowledge of industry best practices and methodologies, especially those that are necessary to tie dissimilar components together into an aggregate system.
• Understanding of global IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have previous hands-on engineering and support experience in infrastructure disciplines (network, telephony, firewall, WAN acceleration etc.).
• A knowledge of the strategic impacts of enterprise initiatives, the supporting IT systems and architecture with a global viewpoint.
• Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak very well in basic professional situations and present technical data in a logical manner that is easy to understand (may include communication via telephone, in person, or presenting to small groups).
• Ability to write moderately complex documents (may include emails, memos, procedures, presentations).
• Communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and managers) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Baddad Capital