Job description / Role
As one of the regions largest shipowners and operators this position will be responsible for deploying, maintaining and repairing the IT Infrastructure and solutions on our vessels and in-house and in the process providing leadership and project management.
• Ensure that requirements are collected, prioritised and executed upon.
• Ensure configuration of communications equipment, circuits and software.
• Write, test and document procedures and installation/configuration guides to improve operation and support.
• Monitor the implementation of the ship management software with back up and upgrades managed as required, liaise and coordinate between the vessels and Mariapps for any software related issues
• Verify communication invoices from vessels and pass to purchasing in a timely manner for booking
• Facilitate collaboration between the vessels and the head office.
• Maintain a uniform email and ‘data backup’ mechanism which conform with ISO requirements
• Keep an overview of all IT installations and provide consultancy for both the vessels and the rest of head office.
• Visit each vessel within your area of responsibility twice a year and engage with the technical department for additional support.
• Act as IT Supervisor and be the single point of contact on extraordinary IT enquiries and facilitate contact with other relevant employees.
• Represent the company on all IT projects for vessels coordinating efforts with 3rd party suppliers.
• A degree in IT is essential
You will possess broad and extensive experience in IT infrastructure and have successfully worked with:
• IP networks with familiarity with routing and switching within LAN and WAN as well as the implications of using VSAT
• IT, telecom and utility systems from a system and network perspective
• Project management of complex IT infrastructure
• Excellent project management skills as this is a standalone position
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
About the Company
A leading trading company in the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Baddad Capital