Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both flight catering services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified IT Manager to join our successful business.
This role is responsible to lead the IT Department and provide all the Information Technology requirements for Alpha flight services, Sharjah business units, proactively understand their business and define jointly with them their IT needs. Identify, implement and monitor IT initiatives to satisfy those needs.
To be accountable for the delivery of all IT solutions (Hardware and Software) such that they meet customer's needs and are within agreed cost and time, ensuring customer satisfaction. To ensure that services are delivered within agreed service levels.
• Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with key business users and management
• Act as the single point of ownership for all IT solutions and services required by assigned business units
• Manage the team of IT Professionals and guide them with task assignments to ensure business needs are met.
• Ensure that all new requirements would satisfy real business needs
• Act as the first point of escalation from the customer, taking ownership for ensuring that such issues are closed promptly
• Undertake IT related projects to understand and apply industry trends
• Identify opportunities where IT can be a business enabler
• Constantly seek to identify areas where deployment of IT can improve business
• Provide relevant inputs to management and stakeholders to enable definition of the IT strategy
• Provide all necessary inputs to the management and assist them in defining the annual IT work programme and budgets
• Negotiate and agree on a successful work programme with the business managers
• Address key IT recommendations, resolve conflicting or overlapping requirements between the business units
• Define business case, seek financial approval and initiate work programme items as projects.
• Monitor the progress of the project and ensure that the projects are delivered within agreed cost and timescales.
Degree / Honours / (12+3 or equivalent)
Information Technology / Project Management / 8+ Years
• Experience in IT management, with a broad base in all aspects of IT. IT infrastructure technologies, IT Service and Support Management and IT Solutions.
• Experience should include a minimum of 5 years in a customer facing role and dealing with a vendor for project implementation.
The role requires the ability to work without direct supervision and capability of working within a matrix management framework.
• Working proficiency with the server and computer networking
• Working proficiency in email exchanges such as Office 365
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
• Should have implemented a software solution and managed projects with multiple stakeholders
• Experience is managing or implementing Retail Point of Sales (POS) solution is a must
• Should have implemented minimum one ERP Systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle) in the current or previous role
• Should have managed minimum hundred IT/systems users in the current or previous role
• Should have working experience of disaster recovery and backup solutions
• Working proficiency with budgeting CAPEX and OPEX for the business
• Supplier Management
• Relationship management
• Programme Management
• Change Management
• Business domain knowledge (broad travel industry experience)
• IT Service Management
• IT Infrastructure & Operations Management
• Business/IS strategy and planning
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.