Job description / Role
Leading Architecture practice in Dubai are looking for an IT Manager to provide the practice with the most appropriate hardware and software for the practice to deliver the required product on time and in the format to suit client expectations.
• Management of IT Personnel. Day to day task setting, ongoing review and management, provide leadership and guidance.
• Act as a mentor to staff for them to develop on an agreed path that benefits the individual and the organization.
• Ensure the organization's infrastructure is maintained and supported.
• Ensure agreed back up schedule is in place for company data. The backups should be tested periodically.
• Design and implement an IT infrastructure that provides resilience and minimizes the risk of loss of data, or loss of earnings via downtime.
• Use industry standards to mitigate risk across the IT environment.
• Develop schedules of software to maintain renewal dates and license assurance.
• Highlight areas of risk to the business with plans to mitigate the risks.
• Develop asset management tools to maintain records of all company assets, warranties, and values.
• Develop controls to ensure the asset management tools are updated with new purchases and renewals.
• Maintain control over the IT Budget to ensure the firm receive the best possible value on new purchases.
• Periodically carry out supplier reviews to maintain the highest level of service.
IT for Managing Partner
• Ensure the Managing Partner receives the best possible level of service, acting on a priority basis.
• Ensure any risk with the IT environment is communicated to the Managing Partner.
• Develop effective methods of communication to the staff at all levels.
• Ensure service outages are communicated to the business to align with project deadlines and submission.
• Develop processes to ensure that the highest level of support is provided to the business based on priority SLAs.
• Ensure that adequate succession planning is in place across all levels of the IT environment.
• Develop manuals and knowledge bases to ensure that all knowledge within the IT environment is documented.
• Develop controls to ensure that all new knowledge is added to any documentation.
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of developing technologies to introduce relevant technology developments to the business. These include hybrid cloud, VR applications, and improved security applications.
• Ensure core business software solutions are up to date and allow conformance to updated laws. Including the introduction of VAT in the UAE.
• Arrange and carry out relevant training for staff with respect to the core software, to ensure the firm utilize the solution to its maximum potential.
• Enure all staff have undertaken the IT induction to ensure all policies are known and responsibilities are communicated.
• 15 years overall IT experience, UAE experience is beneficial but not essential.
• Hard working, team orientated work ethic required.
• Committed employee work history in a fast paced working environment.
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.