Job description / Role
- Support End User Device’s and resolve service request and incidents received via IBM Tivoli ticketing tool.
- Support and troubleshoot an elaborate VDI environment from an EUD perspective.
- Setup AIO’s, Embedded Touch PC’s, WOW machines, Printers and peripherals like Barcode Scanner, Printers and test network connections.
- Install and test desktop software applications like Epic, LMS, VMWare Horizon Client (VDI) and test computers to ensure proper functioning of computer systems.
- Deploying new equipment’s like Vocera communication device, Zebra printers, SSO for IBM, NUC (Next Unit of Computing), Telemetry Monitor and Biometric Access machines.
- Train end users on usage of hardware and software and peripheral device operation.
- Requesting and coordinating vendor support.
- Set up and troubleshoot of IPCS and Linux based STB (Set-Top Box)
- Support Projectors and WebEx/Teams sessions in meeting rooms.
- Working on IP Telephony/UC and cisco Phone products.
- Supported over 150 users locally and 30 remotely on a daily basis.
- Setup new SSL VPN service and installed and configured client applications
- Supporting Apple product such as Mac Laptops / IPADs and iPhones.
- Working with Incident manager and IT change management team.
- Assigning tasks and IT ticketing (IN & SR) to the IT support team.
- E-mail, internet and intranet issues.
- Virus, spyware and Trojan removal operation.
- Fixing issues in antivirus and anti-spy applications.
- Upgrading of RAM and Hard disk for desktop and Laptop.
- Deployment of new PCs along with data and application migration.
- VPN client configuration (Cisco), and Wireless network configuration.
- User account unlocks and reset password.
- E-mail Outlook configuration and Enterprise vault administration.
- Network printer and fax machine Installation & configuration.
- Projector, voice and video conference machine setup for meeting.
- Network scanner and network folder setup.
- Taking Inventory report of hardware’s (Asset report maintained).
- Configure antivirus software to fully protect IT environment.
- Monitor the performance of the computer systems and address issues as they arise.
- Provide technical support for software reconfiguration to aid in function customization.
- Completed password changes and supplied active directory support.
- Answered new hire questions regarding Microsoft Office.
- Return defective equipment to maintenance inventory, document customer repairs, and maintain and restock parts inventory to maintain spare parts levels.
- Monitor, operate, manage, troubleshoot, and restore service to terminal service clients, PCs, or notebooks with authorized access to network
AED 3,000 to 6,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Degree holder
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- Minimum 5+ years experience in IT management
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other -- Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking
- Professional certifications
About the Company
Ali Omran Al Owais Group (AOG) is one of UAE’s leading business groups, with diversified interests in five operating divisions: Aviation, Financial Services, Construction & Trading, Facility Management & HR Consultancy. The group’s operations are predominantly based in the Middle East region, where AOG has been established for over 33 years. AOG seeks to foster long-term, sustainable growth through active participation in management, underpinned by a strong financial base.