Job description / Role
• To manage a close relationship with the assigned projects for Alpha business units, proactively understand their business and define jointly with them their IT needs.
• Identify, implement and monitor IT initiatives to satisfy those needs.
• To be accountable for delivery of all IT solutions such that they meet customer's needs and are within agreed cost and time, ensuring customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that services are delivered within agreed service levels
• Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with key business users and management in assigned areas. In order to strengthen the relationship, build rapport, provide IT related consultancy and be seen as a trusted advisor, maintain an in-depth understanding of the business domain, industry and related systems.
• Act as the single point of ownership for all IT solutions and services required by assigned business units.
• Ensure that all new requirements would satisfy real business needs and that Alpha and dnata perspective is taken in to account.
• Act as the first point of escalation from the customer, taking ownership for ensuring that such issues are closed promptly and that customers are kept informed regularly (formally and informally) of progress with respect to resolution.
• Undertake IT related projects to understand and apply industry trends and direction relevant for the assigned business units.
• Identify opportunities where IT can be a business enabler.
• Based on proactive research, provide specific inputs and recommendations to the customers and management for potential future IT investments.
• Constantly seek to identify areas where deployment of IT can improve business.
• Provide relevant inputs to alpha management and dnata IT stakeholders to enable definition of the IT strategy (over 3- years for assigned business units.
• This should include recommendations based on industry research, recommendations on applications that need replacement due to technical and functional obsolescence and recommendations that will enable alignment of overall IT Strategy to business strategy.
• Provide all necessary inputs to dnata stakeholders (IT management) and assist them in defining the annual IT work programme and budgets for assigned business units.
• Negotiate and agree work programme with the business managers ensuring that the proposed initiatives meet priority needs of the business, are in line with the overall IT strategy and direction from Portfolio Management.
• Address key IT recommendations, resolve conflicting or overlapping requirements between the business units and ensures that group perspective has been considered and discussed with the customer. Escalate to management and dnata stakeholders (IT management) only for exceptions where there is a disagreement with business managers.
• Define business case, seek financial approval and initiate work programme items as projects.
• Monitor the projects progress and ensure that the projects are delivered within agreed cost and timescales.
• Qualifications: Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
• Experience: Information Technology. Project Management 8+ Years
• Knowledge/Skills: Experience in IT management, with a broad base in all aspects of IT.
• IT infrastructure technologies, IT Service and Support Management and IT Solutions.
• Experience should include minimum 5 years in a customer facing role and dealing with vendor for project implementation.
• The role requires the ability to work without direct supervision and capability of working within a matrix management framework.
• Working proficiency with server and computer networking
• Working proficiency with email exchanges such as Office 365
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
• Should have implemented software solution and managed projects with multiple stakeholders
• Experience is managing or implementing Retail Point of Sales solution is a plus.
• ERP Systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle) implementation or support experience is must
• Should have managed minimum hundred IT/systems users in the current or previous role
• Should have working experience of disaster recovery and backup solutions
• Working proficiency with budgeting CAPEX and OPEX for the business
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Senior IT Manager
Middle East Executive
Assistant IT Manager
Ali Omran Al Owais Group (AOG)
Manpower Middle East
Regional IT Manager - Retail Industry
Manpower Middle East