Job description / Role
We are looking for an IT Network Manager for a large company in Dubai. Reporting to the Infrastructure Services Senior Manager, you will have the responsibility to take overall responsibility of Network management and development within the company to ensure a secure and reliable running of all network components to maintain a high quality and availability for the network services.
Other responsibilities will include
• Manage network team productivity to achieve the agreed department / function KPI
• Manage the development and administer network maintenance SOP’s to ensure that network controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
• Take a lead to provide immediate fix whenever network incidents are identified or reported.
• Contribute to the development of appropriate IT security policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls related to network in line with the corporate IT Security framework.
• Identify and assess security risks and assist in implementing measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks and audit findings.
• Involvement in any new project implementation during project lifecycle (Dev, QC, UAT, Production).
• Proactively monitor the delivery of network services according to approved policies and procedures, user requests, SLA’s, and maintenance schedules with minimum downtime.
• Responsible to apply latest Security patches and bug fixes as soon as released by vendor.
• Ensure that all network implementations that we support are secure, reliable, cost effective and fit for purpose.
• Develop and maintain a documented road map for the network products that we support, ensuring that these plans are understood and followed by members of the team.
• Liaise with other IT Service managers in a highly technical and sensitive environment to gain buy in for proposed architectures and technology.
• Work closely with suppliers, and 3rd parties to ensure network industry best practices followed to deliver network solutions efficiently and effectively.
• closely working with IT infrastructure Service managers to ensure that specific network solution designs meet the requirements and best practice developed and applied.
• Maintain network inventory for production, QC, DEV, UAT systems.
• Any special assignment from line manager or IT senior management.
• Manage team productivity to achieve the set KPI and service levels.
• Enhance and develop the team knowledge, skills, and performance.
• Manage network team staff to ensure coverage for in-hours and out of hours support is maintained.
• Work with other IT infrastructure Service managers to develop mutual understanding of each area and develop methods of cooperation and support to achieve infrastructure department objectives.
• Provide inputs into the GIT annual budget related to network services
• Contribute to the related business cases, ROI and TCO for network technology investments.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business field or equivalent
• Having related professional Industry certifications will be a plus as well as project management certifications such as PRINCE II, PMP, etc.
• Preferred professional certifications: ITIL v4
• Solid understanding of network and network security concept and requirements
• Working knowledge of windows AD, DNS, HTTP/s, SSH, LDAP, DHCP, etc.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, FW, networking protocols and security concepts.
• 12+ years of IT infrastructure experience with a focus on network and network security concept.
• Strong knowledge and experience in network design, deployment, recovery and management experience is highly desirable
• Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
• Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and network management best practices
• Strong knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure concepts, frameworks and standards
• Strong knowledge and experience in network performance management and tuning, security hardening and network availability
• Work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 on call conditions.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong experience in automation tools related to Database management
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
IT Manager (Systems & Applications Development)
Middle East Executive
Head of IT Infrastructure
RTC-1 Employment Services