Job description / Role
Our client, a large organization based in Dubai, is currently looking for an IT Product Manager who will manage a portfolio of in-house or third-party software and/or hardware products and is responsible for the vision and profitability of a product line and work closely with various teams to make business decisions and create product strategies that ensure the company’s long-term sustainability.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Manages and governs other third-party products and applications
• Manages and governs the in-house developed products
• Manages the product development lifecycle in line with the enterprise architecture standards of GIT and company’s strategy
• Reviews and approves the functional and technical specifications of the product.
• Plans the capacity for the software development teams for each product.
• Establish product management practice and framework and integrate with all other practices in GIT or segments.
• Ensures adherence to development, PMO and IT service management standards as possible.
• Identifying and overseeing the business case development and project management of new application development projects, including working with the management to identify common application needs and technology platforms
• Assessing technology capacity to meet the future needs of the organization and recommending new applications and new configurations
• Ensuring the optimal balance between the development of new systems and leveraging existing systems
• Plan and Supervise periodic reviews and testing of the applications to ensure software and system functionalities are in line with design parameters and business needs, and adherent to best practices and latest industry developments
• Lead the process of developing application enhancements and manage all releases to ensure that applications are operating in the most effective manner
• Support and effectively contribute to the IT solutions and software system components integration.
• Oversee periodic research to identify innovative and emerging solutions and technologies to improve service performance and reliability
• Acts as point of technical support and onsite support to ensure all issues related to all enterprise solutions are addressed appropriately
• Provide inputs into the GIT annual budget from an application development perspective
• Manage the allocation of budgets and highlight any deviations in a timely manner
• Formulate workforce planning reports and talent acquisition plan and budgets for application development to ensure adequate staffing for optimal operational smoothness
• Identify talent for pivotal roles from a succession management standpoint to ensure business continuity
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering from a recognized university.
• Master’s Degree is preferable.
• Preferred professional certifications: Enterprise IT (e.g. TOGAF, SOA, PMP, COBIT, ITIL), industry certification in enterprise applications (e.g. MCSD, RHCEAD, Oracle, SAP, Java)
• 13+ years of Information Technology experience.
• 5+ years of relevant working experience.
• Working experience in multiple industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Energy, Utilities, Retail, Government) is preferable.
• Working experience of system development lifecycle methods and standards with hands on experience in various methods: (e.g. waterfall, iterative, agile, V Model)
• Working experience in product management and product development lifecycle from concept to market
• Excellent knowledge in new technology trends investigation, study, proposal and implementation (e.g. IoT, Blockchain, Big Data, AI)
• Excellent knowledge in software quality control and assurance practices and tools.
• Excellent knowledge in project management methodology
• Excellent knowledge in portfolio management practice.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
IT Portfolio Manager
Black Pearl Consult
Associate Director / Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International
Senior Project Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
IT Applications Specialist
HR Source Consulting