Job description / Role
Purpose of the Role
The Sales Manager is responsible for cultivating leads and generating opportunity pipelines by proactively identifying and engaging with key prospect and customer contacts, identifying needs, creating high quality sales proposals and closing orders.
As the sales lead for the Middle East region, this relationship role will partner with product experts to schedule and conduct needs analysis and follow The Company’ Value Based Selling model to establish our position ahead of competitors.
This senior level role will be familiar with The company’s full and varied product range and will build an excellent understanding of the Middle East’s public transport market, developing strong professional client relationships at a senior level and throughout the target organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Country Manager and working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team, undertake the following high-level responsibilities in a professional manner:
• Pursue and close new business, building trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers
• Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing accounts to find, build, manage and close sales opportunities on a consistent basis
• Work with sales and marketing colleagues, and independently to proactively hunt for new opportunities
• Prepare tender responses, including win and pricing strategies
• Develop and maintain Account Plans to drive customer engagement planning aligned with the sales and product strategy of the account base
• Manage the complex sales cycles of technical selling
• Manage accounts, opportunities, activities, tasks, contacts, leads, etc. in the corporate CRM
• Strategize on strategic accounts and major opportunities with the Director of Sales and Business Development
• Build Contract Forecasting Plans to drive the closure of deals when forecasted
• Develop a deep understanding of the opportunities that will be coming to market
• Present The Company, its business and products, to clients and prospective clients across the web, in the press and at industry conferences and trade shows.
• Lead and coordinate customer presentations, including product demonstrations where appropriate
• Attend conferences with end goal of meeting lead, MQL and SQL targets
• Establish relationships with potential business partners in the region
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks consistent with training and skill levels required for this position as requested.
Education and Experience
• Accomplished as a seasoned sales professional with 5 years + of experience in technology sales in a B2B environment
• Proven ability to deliver or overachieve on quarterly and annual sales targets
• Demonstrated understanding of how to conduct business in the Middle East region
• Proven track record of building strong relationships and ability to use interpretative skills to understand and relate industry/client requirements are essential
• Demonstrated pre-existing relationships in the market with contacts that can open doors into current government run transport organizations
• Highly skilled at influencing, teaching, and motivating others towards accomplishing a common goal
• Expertise at applying adopted sales stage methodologies to ensure maximum revenue is generated from every opportunity created and be willing and able to share this knowledge with others
• A passionate ‘can-do’ mindset focused on understanding and addressing customer needs.
• Skilled at logically communicating technical information and ideas to all stakeholders so others will understand
• Skilled at successfully working and promoting a client's environment and requirements internally within inter-functional groups
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and well developed inter-personal skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Skilled at working effectively both independently and in a team environment with a co-operative approach to “go the extra mile” to achieve results
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, organized and innovative
• Mature and professional approach to work with an ability to instill a high level of confidence with others
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills within a multi-facetted environment
• Highly competent at working with Marketing to build pipeline and enhance the sales funnel
• Strong customer and partner support as you would expect to receive it in return
• The position will require extensive travel within the region.
• Some overseas travel (outside of the Middle East) may be required from time-to-time.
• All air travel is economy class.
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.