Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Scrum Master to join a leading retail group in the middle east, working as part of the IT Services team. The candidate will work in the Ecommerce product team in the team to support the development of ecommerce features for a variety of the group's ecommerce sites. Formally the includes Scrum Master has a critical role in facilitating the progress and implementation of the groups ecommerce projects and initiatives with a focus on achieving results and meeting deadlines.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with Development Manager to lead and inspire the ecommerce products team by communicating a vision for the project as well as involving people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization
- Work closely with stakeholders and project owners to collect business objectives and requirements to clearly define, document and scope projects and initiatives
- Establish project timelines and matrices, determine assignments and follow up to ensure that obstacles are mitigated, and progress is on-going
- Ensure that planning meetings, daily updates, customer reviews and retrospective meetings are held consistently and are run effectively
- Facilitate internal team coordination, mitigating blocks and achieving results from other teams and vendors
- Work to overcome obstacles to success and build collaborative relationships with other teams
- Create backlogs in jira, functional specifications, workflows and document requirement changes
- Work across departments to ensure that all stakeholders have input into the final product
- Lead project status meetings and provide project status updates
- Assist Development Manager in determining best practices for team resource planning and utilization
- Triage related production support incidents and implement solutions to common issues.
- Build and maintain detailed documentation for the firms products and processes
- Modify/update documentation prepared by others
- Develop documentation standard for the Technology Organization
- Be able to function under tight deadlines
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience in Agile project management overseeing the management and implementation of customer facing solutions such as web sites, mobile, web applications, or enterprise software
- 2+ years in analyst or technical writer role writing requirements, managing changes to requirements, creating user guides and training materials as well as release notes
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with vendor/professional services engagements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to speak to senior level clients
- Knowledge of the entire SDLC process is required and Agile methodologies
- Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills are a must
- Must be proficient in English for reading/writing and conversation
- Experience in the development of process and procedure documentation, user guides and
- Expert knowledge of Jira or alternative Agile tooling
- Experience in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Ability to be self-driven and execute projects with minimal management oversight
- Certificate in Agile Scrum Master a plus
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.